Part 2

Chapter 2

By the time I got back from the small Tesco that resides closer to our home than any other store of equal caliber, Charlotte, Adriana and Steph were already awake and Nicole texted me to alert me of the fact that Steph was going clubbing with them later.

With Steph on the 'I'm gonna get fucking wasted' train as well I knew someone would have to go along as a designated 'don't let anyone die' friend. However, it sure as hell will not be me.

I shall just throw Racheal under that particularly emotionally draining bus.

SHIT.

It's Sam. We've stopped. Now this is awkward, we're just standing, staring, glaring at each other. His room door opens and Marley is in the corridor with us too.

I didn't pay enough attention to my surroundings and now there are people that are going to want to talk to me; I could have avoided all of this if I had just looked up from my phone.

"Morning Maddi!" Oh god, he's happy. Do I have to respond to him? Will it be weird if I don't? Oh fuck it, I'll stick to the normal.

I nod my head in Marley's general direction to show my acknowledgement of his greeting and then proceeded to move to one side of the corridor to allow The two, much taller than me, males to get past.

As I get to my room's door I can hear Marley laughing and talking to Sam about my 'completely normal (for her) behavior' and how he may never be used to it after the loudmouths sharing my dorm room. I agree wholeheartedly with his last statement though; I try to unlock the door but there is so much general noise coming from inside the room that I dropped my keys, as I attempted to get back up from the floor, and with my keys in hand, I misjudged the proximity of the door and end up slamming my head against it. Luckily Adriana had been near the door, heard it and opened the door before ushering me into the kitchenette for an ice pack.

This would not be the first time I have received a concussion from a door and it would probably not be the last.

Racheal had retrieved the shopping from the hallway and moved to put all of the, much needed, supplies into the corresponding cupboard.

After Adriana had finished going all mother-hen on me I went into my room in the hopes that I could save myself from a migraine.

Sitting on my desk was my laptop, Ye olde faithful.

My laptop is not ridiculously old by any stretch and it does exactly what I need it to, it's fitted with an intel quad core processor and an attachable wireless mouse, for those 'but I want to do stuff from over here but the wire doesn't stretch that far' moments, which I would probably have a lot of if not for the, o' so very thoughtful, christmas present.

Yeah, a CHRISTMAS present. A lot of my friends get me sentimental shit to appreciate me getting older but Jake got me a fucking wireless mouse, I like to think it's so I have one less thing to strangle myself with whilst doing the hard coursework that we don't possibly have time for during lessons.

I opened my laptop and logged in with my super secret password: "Maddi-Crav3s D3ath". I am still rather surprised that none of my roommates would have figured this out considering how often I say it.

Once it had figured out what it was trying to do, a million and one notifications popped up about something or other, youtubers I am subscribed to uploading, emails being sent to my personal account or my professors have given me feedback on my coursework via Google Drive.

I opened up one of the final options that had appeared on a piece of my Engineering Course and squinted carefully at my screen.

It wasn't very long, which was unusual for this particular teacher, and My screen had suddenly become too bright to see, but there, amidst the constant flow of words I had previously written, were the words; "Your spellings need a bit of work, otherwise, Good Job - Mr Enzorla"

I almost squealed.

I didn't, but I almost did.

I had never been so close to squealing as I was at the exact moment.

The thing is, Mr Enzorla is harsh at best. One small mistake and he'll make you rewrite an entire essay. When he said that we would be using computer-based programs to write and submit coursework; I swear the entire class as a collective sighed in relief. The fact that he thinks I've done well has made all the events that had transpired today completely worth it, The concussion, the awkward conversation in the hall, having to live with ridiculously loud roommates, all utterly worth it. Just because of those two words.

To celebrate I slide my office chair to the section of my desk that houses my bluetooth headphones and connected them to my laptop, so I could blast my music through them at the loudest possible volume so I could drown out the rest of the world, for at least a little while.

After I finally log into my YouTube account I selected my music playlist and drowned out all of the knobheads that I live with for multiple hours

There is almost 900 words in this, 9 words off, not including this note. I'm really trying here but is difficult ok?! is this what you want?!?!?!?!