STORY ONE

DEATH ON A BENDED KNEE

They went to a dinner date. After sitting down on their table he excused himself and went to his friend who is a chef. He gave her an engagement ring and asked her to put it in her dessert.

Meanwhile she tells the waiter, the same guy she sleeps with secretly, to poison her date's third drink. Without hesitation the waiter promises to do as he is told. He loves her, she loves him so he is will to do anything to be with her in public, even if it means taking someone's life.

He comes back to the table, He orders beer, she orders a glass of red wine while they decide on what they will have. Ten  minutes later after going through the menu they order their meal.

When they get their food, he orders a refill of his beer. They enjoy each other's company or at least he enjoys her company. They talk about old good times and everything  they have faced together.

Thirty minutes later they are done eating, he insists they have dessert. She is full but because she wants him dead, she looks at the dessert menu and orders. The waitor notices his beer glass is almost empty, he refills it and carefully he winks at her as he walks away.

When their dessert is brought to the table, he sips his drink. As she chews she feels something in her mouth and therefore she spits it on the table. She notices she spitted out a silver and gold ring with diamonds on it. Confusion and excitement battle each other to be the facial expression on her face. When she lifts her head away from the ring she notices him kneeling next to her on one knee.

"Please my love make me the happiest man alive on earth, be my wife" he says.

She looks around and all eyes in the resturant are glued on them, her heart says she must say yes to marrying him. In fact she almost said yes what stopped her to was her secret lover of a waiter who was staring her with an intimidating look.

She now regrets poisoning the hopeful man in front of her, she regrets getting involved with the waitor. She looks at the man kneeling in front of her and realizes she loves him.

While on his one bended knee, the smile and hope on his face fades, white foam comes out of his mouth as his eyes turn red. He falls and she screams for help as she kneels next to him.

The restaurant manager calls the ambulance but it's too late because the man is now dead