Chapter 1: Escaping Bergen Town and the 20th Anniversary

Jamie and Poppy were reading the story of when King Peppy saved all the Trolls from the Bergens to the children.

"Once upon a time in a happy forest, in the happiest tree, lived the happiest creatures the world has ever known: the Trolls," Poppy read.

"They loved nothing more than to sing, and dance, and hug. Dance, and hug, and sing, and dance, and sing, and hug, and dance, and hug, and dance, and sing, and hug, and dance, and hug," Jamie added, making the kids giggle at the last part.

"But then one day, the Trolls were discovered by...a Bergen!" Poppy continued.

"The Bergens didn't know how to sing, or dance, or even hug. They were the most miserable creatures in all the land," Jamie explained.

"And once they saw how happy the Trolls were, they wanted some of that happiness for themselves. Eating a Troll made them feel so happy, they started a tradition," Poppy replied.

"Once a year, every year, the Bergens would gather around the Troll Tree, to taste happiness, on a holiday they called...Trollstice," Jamie said.

20 Years Earlier

Prince Gristle rode on his little bike to his dad's room, excited for the holiday. He went in his dad's bedroom and jumped on his sleeping form.

"Good morning, Daddy!" Gristle exclaimed, but nothing happened.

He continued to try and wake him up until he ripped his chest hairs, making him wake up with a scream.

"Gristle! What time is it?" the king asked.

"It's Trollstice!" Gristle answered excitedly.

The king got ready then exited the castle while carrying Gristle.

"Trollstice! Our one day to be happy," the king exclaimed.

The Bergens chanted "Trolls" as they all approached the Troll Tree. The cooks squirted gas on the grills as another Bergen was brought up from the ground.

"Please give it up for your Keeper of the Trolls, your Minister of Happiness, your Royal Chef. Me," the chef said as she was fully brought up.

She rubbed the knives she had, making the sparks light the grills, making fire rise about ten feet in the air. The Bergens cheered in approval.

"This is a very special Trollstice, as there is one amongst us who has never tasted a Troll," Chef said.

"Ooh, me! She is talking about me!" Gristle remarked excitedly.

"Prince Gristle," Chef announced, Gristle gasped, and Chef continued, "the time has come."

She held out a scepter and the king sat Gristle on the end of it.

"It's okay, son. I remember being nervous my first time," the king assured.

"Okay," Gristle whispered.

"That's my boy," the king remarked, giving him a thumbs up.

Chef put him down and said, "It is my sacred duty to initiate you in the ways of true happiness."

They walked inside the cage that contained the Troll Tree and Chef grabbed what she thought were two Trolls.

"I have chosen two extra-special Trolls, just for you. The happiest, the most positive, sweetest Trolls of all. And because every prince deserves a princess and twice the happiness this day, I give you the ones they call Princess Poppy and Princess Jamie," Chef explained.