19. Chit Chat

We were both lying toward the foot end of his bed, in front of the TV. Tonight, we were watching Rain Man (directly before, we watched Forest Gump. I hadn't even finished crying from that movie and now we're watching yet another movie that makes me cry).

I kind of don't wanna watch this movie anymore. I need some comedic relief or some other kind of distraction.

I snuck a look at Harry. He was lying right next to me, also propped up on his elbows, and attentively watching the movie.

I guess he felt me watching him because he scrunched his face up a little and looked at me through the corner of his eye and then back to the movie.

"What?" He asked.

I quietly stared at him until his attention was completely off of the TV and onto me, "When did you decide you were going to become completely annoying?" He asked, referring to how I've also been bugging him for the past couple days.

"The other day," I teasingly smiled.

"Well, stop," he frowned.

"But I'm bored," I inched closer and he very subtly inched away.

"Then watch the movie," he mumbled.

"This movie isn't fun. Neither is scrabble, by the way. I mean it was at first but there are not enough words in the dictionary," I spoke dramatically.

He groaned deeply and flopped down as if I was just bothering the hell out of him, "what more do you want from me?!"

I wanted to so badly tell him that if he was gonna kidnap somebody the least he could do is keep them entertained. My inner humor has gotten a little dark lately.

"Let's chit chat," I smiled and sat up.

He exhaled, "about?"

I hummed in thought for a quick second and he rolled his eyes at the fact that I suggested we talk without having anything to talk about.

"How have you managed to stay in this house all alone without feeling bored or afraid?" I asked.

He looked at me, "I haven't been alone."

Huh?

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling even more nosey that before.

"I mean... I haven't been alone?" He said again as if I was stupid.

"You don't have to be so condescending," I complained but it ended up sounding very childlike. He threw his hands up in annoyance.

"So, like, other people have been here with you? Like... living people?" I asked lowly and leaned in.

He rubbed his eyes, "Well, yeah but... no, not living people," he said as if it was nothing.

My eyes widened, "I knew I wasn't crazy!"

"What?" He asked.

"You got ghosts in this house and didn't think to give me a heads up?!" I asked genuinely offended.

"Ghosts? There aren't any ghosts," he looked at me as if I was crazy. I'm honestly becoming offended by the fact that he's been viewing me as the crazy one lately. I'm also mad that it's kind of with reason.

"You're not talking about...?" I trailed.

"No?"

"Well, whose been here with you?" I squint.

"The other girls...," he blinked.

Oh. He meant the girls he's had before me. That makes sense.

"But you said 'not living'," I put my hand on my hips.

"They're not living," he shrugged as if what he just said was normal.

The vibe completely went dark, well for me, "Oh...," I said very quietly. Harry was already back watching the movie while I just sat there not knowing how to feel.

"What happened with them?" I asked lowly. I secretly feared the answer. I know he killed them but for some god forsaken reason, I wanted to know how. Just in case that will for sure be my fate.

He shut his eyes and opened them lowly, still annoyed that I was still interrupting the movie.

"They dead, Rose," he gave me attitude.

"Yeah... but how?" I asked. He looked at me and noticed that I wasn't intentionally being annoying anymore but was actually asking. He noticed my sad expression and when he thought of what to say, his face grew sad as well.

He looked down and then back up at me— but not directly at me, "uh, well, one of them actually did it to herself," he said very sadly.

I drew in my brows, "she killed herself?"

"Yes," he said. His jaw tightened. I can't believe he's finally telling me this.

"... and the others?" I whispered.

"I did it," he said almost inaudibly. He looked so ashamed and guilty. Like it was a mistake he made. But it wasn't. It was done intentionally and more than once.

"But... why?" I felt my eyes gloss over. He looked at me and I saw that his did too, "They wouldn't be you," his voice cracked a tiny bit and I could tell that was going to be the end of the conversation.

He went back to watching Rain Man and this time I didn't bother him anymore. The vibe in the room had become extremely uncomfortable.

I broke the stare that I had on him and blinked just before a tear was gonna fall. I took a breath that I hadn't noticed I was holding and tried my best to turn my focus onto the TV.

I couldn't focus or stop from shifting uncomfortably. I had to continuously blink away tears.

I waited a few minutes before speaking again, "Hey, I'm getting tired," I said casually.

"But we're only halfway through the movie," he whined. How is he suddenly so nonchalant about what he just told me?

"I know," I faked a disappointed pout, "but I don't think I'll even make it through the movie."

He sighed, "Okay, come on."

He walked me up to my room and left me there for the night. The sound of the door locking from the outside sent me over the edge and I let all the tears I was holding back stream.

Not so much due to me being scared, but because this house is making me crazy and I feel so sorry for those other girls.

If only he'd started with me, then maybe that would've saved a series of other young girls from being murdered.

If you spot any grammar or spelling mistakes ever, lmk.

Also, bitch tell me why wattpad gone change my category from Mystery/Thriller to Fanfic without asking for my permission?! And then gone dm me talking bout "your story was miscategorized so we changed it!" Like BITCH! I HAD IT ON WHAT I WANTED IT TO BE ON!