Chapter 8 & 9

Cupcake's P.O.V.

I woke up around 5 AM or so, which was good, because today I had to start looking for my new job.

I was already signed up to few fast-foods and some low administrative positions and I had to talk with bosses at all those places today, hoping some of them would hire me.

If not, I planned to look around the city and ask anywhere, where they were looking for someone, if I could apply for the job.

I can't be really picky at this point, so I'll just ask everywhere.

I growled, unwillingly rolling out of bed and putting on my regular black cloak, shirt, pants and some accessories.

I checked myself in mirror, finding out I had those red circles under my eyes again, that were showing I haven't slept well again.

I sighed, leaving my bedroom, going straight to the kitchen, so I could make some food for myself.

To my surprise, Rurik was already there, sitting on a chair by table, drinking his coffee and reading something on his phone, not even looking up to me.

I didn't want to bother him, so I just silently went up to the fridge, taking some yoghurt out, preparing myself some coffee.

"Good morning, Goth."

He said calmly, not even looking up to me.

"Morning..."

I said, not sounding as confident as I wanted.

He hasn't said anything else, so I just continued preparing my coffee, proceeding to sit on one of the empty chairs afterwards.

I was looking down at my food, but I felt his stare piercing right throught me.

I looked up for a few seconds, to see he was indeed looking at me, devilish smile on his face.

I looked back down, feeling my face lit up a bit.

"C-could you stop staring at me?"

I said, stuttering unintentionally.

He just smirked, before looking back at his phone.

I let out slight breath of relief, drinking my coffee quietly.

When I finished my breakfast, I standed up, taking my things from my bedroom, before swiftly leaving the house.

I'm not risking anything weird like yesterday happening again.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I took out a sheet of paper with addresses of places I applied for written all over it.

There was a lot of them and I knew that this was going to be a looong day.

Rurik's P.O.V.

I woke up soon as usually, due my sleeping disorder, so I went up to change my clothes slowly and then straight towards the kitchen, getting myself some food and preparing myself coffee.

Then I took a seat at one of the chairs with my food and my phone started making noises, letting me know that someone sent me a text message.

I took it out of my pocket, finding out that I got another job tonight.

This client payed a lot, so I didn't mind, when he let me know about something even few hours before they needed the job done.

I had not even hesitated before confirming that it will be done.

Then I noticed Goth was already there, making some breakfast to himself.

"Good morning, Goth."

I said casually, gaining quiet "Morning..." back from him.

Aww, cold, are we?

He prepared himself some coffee and took yoghurt from fridge, then he sat across the table from me.

I was watching him for a while, before he asked me to stop, which left me kinda disappointed, but oh well.

He then left the room, it felt like he was trying to get away from me as soon as possible, which made me chuckle.

He must be really naive.

-The end of chapter-