Chapter 19

For Jjohnson213

A/N: The next chapter is the last. Just a warning.

"How are you feeling?" Scott brushed my damp hair away from my face. I was trying to get my breathing to even out. I smiled at him.

"I'm feeling much better." Three day since Scott saved me. Since we agreed to marry each other. I looked at the ring on my finger that was contrasting against my skin. The golden ring glimmered in the light. "I love you Scott." He brought me closer, pulling the covers to conceal my body.

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead. I felt his fingers brush against my back. He traced every scar lightly. "I wish I had found you earlier. I could have saved you all this pain. All this torture."

"What are you going to tell your father?" We had been avoiding the fact that his family wouldn't agree about our marriage.

"I'm going to tell him that I'm in love with you. And that I would do anything to keep you in my life." He put his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. "I'm going to marry you. I'm going to kiss you every chance I have. And I will always admire your undeniable beauty." I blushed, hiding my face in his neck with a giggle.

"You are the best thing that has happened to me Scott. I'm so glad I met you." I grabbed his hand, bringing his fingertips to my lips. I could feel the scarring from when he came out to work with me.

"Can you imagine what's going to happen with us? As our lives merge and continue together?" I shook my head

"Can you?" He nodded.

"I imagine getting a house with you and sharing a bedroom. Waking up to your beautiful face on the pillow next to mine." I closed my eyes. I wanted to take everything he was saying and put it in my own image. "I wouldn't want to go to work because I would know you would be left alone or at your own work. We could have a child. I can't see that happening for awhile but I think eventually it would happen. I would love to have a child with you.

"I will come home and we'll go out to eat. No one will treat you like a slave. Because you'll be my husband and it wouldn't matter what they think. I love you. And you're amazing to me. I will listen to you describe your day as I hold you close. Then I'll spend the night with you and every time I hold your hand, our rings will click together as they shine in the moonlight. And I'll kiss you and tell you I love you. I'll always love you. For the rest of my life I will keep telling you this. I'll always tell you are beautiful too. Forever you are mine." My eyes slowly opened and were met with his.

"You really imagine that?" He laughed.

"Yes. Because I love you." I wiped the smile of his face by kissing him. "Forever with you will be heaven." He glanced at where his phone was vibrating against the nightstand.

"Go get it." He pulled on some pants before answering his phone.

"Hello?" He walked to look out the window. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I felt a kiss to my forehead. "You're adorable." The heat rose to my cheeks. I looked away with a smile.

I got dressed as Scott continued to talk on the phone. I can't believe he wanted to be with me. Yesterday when he had brought the ring home, I had been so surprised. He had sat me on the edge of the bed and got down on one knee with a velvet box in his hand. I had been laughing and trying not to cry. And the moment when he slipped the metal on my finger, I had let tears fall down my cheeks. Then we spent the rest of the night together. Actually a lot of time 'together'.

"I have to see it!" Kirstie burst through the door. She ran to my side, grabbing my hand. "Awe! It's so beautiful! You guys are going to be so cute under that alter. Can I plan it?" I laughed nervously. Scott shrugged when we made eye contact.

"Sure?"

"Yay! Oh my god. So we have to...." I tuned her out but watched her excited facial expressions. But every once of happiness seemed to drain out of the room as Scott's father walked in. I let my eyes drifted down to his shoes.

"It was you." His father pointed towards me.

"You shut the hell up. You're a worthless slave." Scott came in front of me protectively.

"Don't come near my fiancé."

"Fiancé?" His father's eyes went to where my hand was holding on to Scott's arm. He was staring at the ring.

"You son of a bitch. How could you do that to Mitch?" His father crossed his arms across his chest. "How could you try and sell him?"

"You were getting to close to a slave. I see now I should have just killed the whore when I had the chance." I tried to stop Scott but his father was already on the ground after taking a blow to the cheek.

"If you weren't my father, you would be dead." I tried to tug Scott away from standing over his dad. "I'm in love with Mitch and I'll be damned if you take him away from me. I want to be with him. And I don't need your money to keep us safe. I'm going to take care of Mitch." Kirstie helped me pull Scott back from his threatening position.

"Scott?" Everything in his body softened when he looked at me.

"I'm leaving with him father. And we're going to start a life." I took his hands in mine.

"Together."

"And I'm planning the wedding!" Kirstie exclaimed. I laughed. Scott's father picked himself up from the ground.

"You won't survive. You'll be begging for my help." Scott pulled me close.

"As far as I know, I don't have a father. Leave." Kirstie pushed the older man out of the room and shut the door behind them.

"I can't believe you did that." Scott kissed my cheek.

"Only for you." I put our left hands together, looking at the rings next to each other.

"I love you Scott. You saved me." He kissed me lightly.

"I love you too." He brought me into a hug.

"I can't wait until I'm yours."

"Neither can I." I bit my lip nervously.

"You're everything I've dreamed for." I let my eyes fluttered close as his lips worked softly against mine. Everything I've ever wished for was in my arms. I couldn't believe I have this.