C h a p t e r O n e

Chapter 1

"Forget about him," Alexa says.

I roll my eyes as we walk through the parking lot.

"Well hey how about we go on a double date tonight, Eric knows a friend that's single he would be perfect for you!"

I groan. "Ugh not another date."

It was Saturday morning and Alexa and I had decided to go to the mall. Yesterday we stayed up all night watching horror movies and didn't crash until about four in the morning. Honestly, I would still be in bed right now because I'm not a morning person but since Alexa slept over I'm making this an exception. Anyways, I just got my paycheck from Kohl's yesterday and Alexa thought what better thing to do but shop.

"C'mon it'll be fun! We can go to the, movies! Yeah that'll be perfect!"

I turn my head towards her. "But we just stayed up all night watching movies. Got something else in mind?"

Alexa squints her eyes and puts her finger to her chin indicating that she's thinking.

"Don't hurt yourself." I say teasingly.

She rolls her eyes and smirks. "Shut up, I'll figure something out."

A couple of minutes go by and we begin to walk again. Surprisingly the mall isn't that crowded today, but maybe because it's only eleven o'clock. We head over to Aeropostale mainly because it's Alexa's favorite store.

"Oh I got it!" Alexa cries.

I look up and smirk. "You were still thinking?"

"Golf."

I furrow my brow and repeat her statement, "golf?"

"Yeah!"

'Why?" I ask.

"C'mon Putt-Putt has tons of things to do! Golf, go-karts, arcade games, batting cages, bumper boat rides, laser tag." She smiles triumphantly, happy with her idea.

I stop to think about this for a moment. Alexa was right. Putt-Putt did have a lot of activities and you can almost never be bored when you go there. When I was little my family used to go there all the time. It's also a good place to go when you just want to have a fun night, which is why it's mainly the teen hangout spot for later hours but earlier in the day it's popular among little kids.

"Okay." I say, reconsidering.

She grins. "Great!"

We enter Aeropostale and I'm immediately bombarded with some heavy smelling cologne. I wrinkle my nose. Before I used to love this store, every time Alexa and I would go to the mall it was the first place we'd go, but after a couple of years I've gotten sick of it. It seems like all they ever have is AERO. I know what you are about to say it's called "Aeropostale," but really AERO on almost everything?

I groan. "Ugh Lex, I don't know how you can shop in this store."

She places her hands on a rack and begins to scan through it before turning to face me. "What do you mean? They almost always have sales, what more can you ask for?!"

I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna go upstairs." I say grumpily. "Call me on my cell when you're done!"

I turn to exit the store and make my way towards the escalator. Once I reach the second floor I head over to Forever 21. I'm greeted by "how may I help you" which I politely excuse and head over to one of the racks. I thought it would be best to find something to wear for tonight because I have absolutely nothing to wear at home in my closet. I find some denim shorts for only $5.00 and a cute cold shoulder blouse with floral print all over. I walk over to the shoe section and find a pair of nice durable sandals. Now for accessories which are mainly the reason I love coming to Forever 21. I end up finding a pair of earrings, a bracelet, and a ring or two. I gather all my stuff and bring it to the register. All together it comes out to be about $30.00. I grab my bag from the counter and stroll towards the door. After leaving the store I move to sit on a bench and suddenly I feel my phone vibrate. I fumble around in my bag to retrieve my cellphone and press talk.