[]

CHAPTER FIVE ::

[×]

The trip to Belfast made my skin crawl.

I grabbed a cab as soon as we got there not wanting to be in the same space as the others.

"You hate us that much?", Jax asked as he came into my hotel room.

"I just rather not kill your brothers if they raise their guns to me."

"The Frankie I knew would fight like Hell to-"

"She died. The Frankie that you remember is dead, Jax," I said lighting another cigarette having had about three already today. "She doesn't exist anymore. The Frankie you see standing before doesn't want to deal with the bullshit and death and gore this club is going to have imbedded in their memory."

"That's why we need you. To stop it."

I rolled my eyes taking a deep inhale and holding in the smoke letting it tickle my lungs before blowing out to the side.

"Tara's pregnant. That's why she didn't help Sack when they came for Abel. Stop blaming her."

"She's pregnant?"

"Not anymore. After your Mom caught wind of the kidnapping, she found out about Tara's pregnancy but Tara is going to get an abortion."

"You couldn't have told me this while I was there so I could at least convince her to keep the baby."

"She wouldn't have went for it, Jax. She's still spooked about Abel."

Jax shook his head running a hand over his blonde hair.

I grabbed a bottle of Jack out of my bag and grabbed two tumblers off the bar in the room and walked over to Jax giving him a bitter smile as I poured us a glass each.

"Why did you leave? Besides the obvious... You were a strong girl back then. Fighting like hell to fit in and your Dad was always there to stop anyone from hurting you."

"Not when it counted," I downed my glass swishing around the alcohol before swallowing and letting it burn my throat.

"We were just scared."

"Don't let Clay hear you say that. Might think you were a fairy."

"Just tell me how you could do all that stuff."

I snapped and the lights flickered off. It made Jax jump a little in fright but I let my palms glow making the room light up.

"I was born this way, Jax."

"You have powers."

"I've been able to do these things since I could remember."