N I N E T E E N

It is now the Monday after the weekend of concerts, and also the day the filming of Evelyn and Kyungsoo's drama began.

"Scene One — Action." The director called as Evelyn made her way to the centre of the set.

The drama was about a comic book character coming to life but forgetting about the female lead who helped him live. Quite sad, but Evelyn somehow — strangely — felt a connection between her and the female lead which is why she decided to accept this role.

She stood for a moment with her eyes closed, organizing her thoughts before saying her line. When she opened them, the emotions in her pupils even made Kyungsoo feel like she wasn't acting.

After all, he's never worked with her before and he doesn't know what she's capable of. Despite having seen some of her dramas before, it just wasn't the same as watching her act with his own eyes.

"... and cut!"

Evelyn shook her head slightly to get out of character and walked over to the side to grab a drink of water.

"Evelyn!" The maknae of BTS waved at her with a grin, gesturing for her to walk over.

"Jungkook? Why are you here?" She smiled, one arm waving back at him and soon after screwing her water bottle back together as she made her way to him.

"I don't know, we had a day off today so I decided to come watch you film." He shrugged, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"I'm guessing manager-nim told you to take a day off from school?" She raised an eyebrow. It's a Monday.

"Duh." Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully. "Oh, I like your earrings." He added when he spotted the jewelry made of amethyst.

Evelyn smiled, "Thank you!"

V, who has been ghosting behind Evelyn this whole time, wasn't completely thrilled with this conversation. The maknae obviously seemed like he had some feelings for Evelyn, and that's just not something he felt fine with.

Just the thought of Evelyn with Jungkook made him frown — not that he didn't like Jungkook — just that he didn't like seeing her with other men.

Of course, he doesn't realize that yet.

"Yo." He whispered into her ear, "Stop talking to him."

"Why?" She scoffed quietly, "He's one of my best friends and I like talking to him."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at Evelyn's sudden mood change from content to annoyed, but shrugged it off. "Can I talk to you after you finish filming?"

"Yes, duh." Evelyn mimicked Jungkook's previous comment, earning a laugh from him and nodded, walking back towards the set. "V! You just made me look like an idiot again!" She obviously spotted Jungkook's reaction when she talked to V.

He bit his lip, looking like he was trying hard not to laugh. "What do you mean make you look like an idiot? You are an —"

"Shut your mouth!"

Evelyn walked outside after the film session and glanced over into the garden to see Jungkook sitting on the bench, silent and seemingly deep in thought.

She placed a smile on her face, her phone in her pocket (turned off!) and waved.

"So uh," he stood up, "I need advice."

"What could you possibly need advice for, International Playboy?" Evelyn giggled before sitting down on the bench and gesturing for him to sit down too.

The boy sat down, scratching his head slightly. "You see, there's this girl."

Evelyn's ears perked up. "What about her?"

She's never been in a relationship before, but she's always been good at giving advice on topics like this.

"I... kind of like her." He muttered, a blush crawling up his face.

Evelyn squealed a little at the thought. "If you like her, confess! Just make sure you don't give her trouble for being an idol."

"I'm sure that won't be a problem, since she's a public figure as well." Jungkook nodded, "I'm just worried she'll reject me."

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Come on, you're Jeon Jungkook. Who in their right mind would reject you?"

"If you say so..." he grins.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"You."

Eh?

...

Bright sunlight shone through the window above the door, but even so, the room somehow had an eerily dark atmosphere.

Sakura walked into the lobby of the mansion, her dark red high heels clicking with each step she took. She took her sunglasses off and placed them on top of her head, "Valencia, was it?"

There had been a butler standing by the door, who frowned and glared at her, "It's Miss Kang for you."

Valencia was about to make her way down the stairs when she spotted the visitor. She walked down elegantly and looked at Sakura up and down as if she was examining her. The other woman did the same thing.

"Sakura?" Valencia broke the short silence with a side smile, "Just call me Valencia." She gestured for her butler to back off, which he did and the two women were left alone in the living room.

"I'll just get straight to the point here," Sakura said with a sly smile as she sat down on the couch and crossed her legs, her eyes jumping from window to window as she glanced around the room before her gaze landed back on Valencia. "You and I both hate Evelyn, right?"

The latter pursed her lips together for a second before nodding. Sakura's aura — the atmosphere she brought with her into a room was quite strong for someone her age.

Wonder what she does for a living. The thought breezes through Valencia's mind before she returned to listening to Sakura.

"How about we team up?" Sakura smirked, slightly leaning closer to the younger woman and stared directly into her eyes. "I want Sehun back, and you want her fame, don't you?"

Valencia smiles with her and nodded. "That's true... but how do I know I can trust you?"

"Oh, come on." Sakura laughed. "We may have different objectives, but what good does it do me if I betray you? It'll make everything easier if we team up."

Valencia seemed pleased with her answer and raised an eyebrow before sticking out a hand, "Alright."

Sakura shook it. "Deal."

——————————————————————

A/N:

Thanks for reading~~

The plot gets interesting after this chapter... please look forward to it ^_^

~ lostkookiez