Based on a true story

{Kim Jisoo is a writer who's focused on making a story. Her friend directs her to a hospital, to meet a man who was the lone survivor of a series of murders. She wants to know why and he just wants to let go.}

AU: Writer
Relationship: Writer-Muse

--------

"Darling," her friend Sunmi calls, concerned when she witnesses the young woman hit her head on the table in frustration. "What on earth are you doing?"

The writer doesn't even look up, merely shifting her head to press her left cheek on the table.

"Writer's block."

The older woman clicks her tongue in distaste. "Ah." Before proceeding to put their mugs to the sink.

It's starting to worry her how much Jisoo's behaving since the success of her latest story, which was a mafia love story. Her publishing company was pressing her for a new title, and she had none to offer, not even an idea and it's becoming a strain on her health. The sleepless nights, endless mugs of caffeine and isolation from others was just downright unhealthy.

"Well," Sunmi says as she opens the tap. "Did you hear that Seulgi was just accepted in the asylum?" She snorts. "As a doctor, I mean, not a patient but she could be."

The hum of affirmation is the only thing that's confirming Jisoo's consciousness.

"Do you remember the Incheon Mass Murder?"

"What about it?" The writer groans, finally finding the motivation to push herself up and gather her bearings.

"The only survivor was admitted to the same asylum Seulgi's working at. They say he's gone catatonic at the death of his friends but who knows? It's a good story prompt."

The other woman snorts, prepping herself to nap on Sunmi's couch to finally get some of her well-deserved z's.

"Yeah, but there's a rumor going around that the government was involved and trying to cover something up. You heard of Lisa Manoban? That reporter? Rosie told me that she got a death threat when Lisa said that she'd investigate the case. She even has PO3 Jennie Kim, an officer at the IAPD with her. I'm not risking my neck for that."

Sunmi smiles a little. "Do you really believe that? You've gone a bit far and beyond for your stories before."

Jisoo flushes, hiding her face in a pillow. "I swear when I tried that meditation technique, I felt like I went to a different timeline! That's why I wrote I Thought We Would Last!"

"I'm not saying anything," the older woman laughs sweetly. "Just give it a shot. I'm more than willing to help you fake an identity in the worst case scenario."

Perhaps it was time to get a bit dangerous, the writer thinks, but for now, sleep.

----

"Min Yoongi?" Seulgi reads, barely even looking up from the paper. "You want to talk to him?"

"Just... study? I guess? Look, Gi, I really need some ideas for a story."

The doctor leans on her chair, an unamused look on her face. "Jisoo, you could write a novel about a unicorn traversing the land of the dead during a robot invasion to reach Satan to exchange their horn for wings and it would be a New York Times best seller. Why do this dumb shit?"