One: What, No Engagement Ring? ✔

OSA's POV

I pick my books up, looking through my lashes as they lay scattered across the hallway. The tall bodies standing above me snigger, kicking the books farther away as they walk past. 

Sighing, I take a deep breath before standing and exiting the school building. School had only just begun but I couldn't do it today. I couldn't stay in class and get pens thrown at my hair, or  to have milk spilt 'accidentally' on my lap.

As I walk on the pavement, hugging my books to my chest, the harsh wind blows against my skin.

Everyday was quickly turning into a routine if it hadn't been already - maybe it was just getting worse.

The marks on my wrists, and my thighs are just a loud yet subtle testimony of that.

Climbing up the stairs of the broken-down house, I barely notice that the door was slightly open. Once I did though, I lowered my raised palm, and step away from it, feeling that something was off. I take a step back only to collide with a hard chest.

I gasp, turning around quickly to find a tall man, staring at me maliciously.

"The boss will be very . . ." he eyes me from head to toe, "impressed,"

I hardly had time to process what he says as his hands grabs my wrist. I wince in pain as he pulls me alongside him, dragging me from the porch and onto the pavement to what I presumed to be his car.

"Wait! What's going on?" I yell, resisting but his rough hands slide against the cuts.

"Be quiet," He mutters.

"Where the fuck are you tak-," The man punched me so hard that it felt like my lips hard curled around my teeth. I had no choice but to remain silent, as my body fell limp, and I was swallowed by the surrounding darkness.

#

Three days pass by even slower when you're captured. I've been stuck here just staring at the moldy wall, barely eating, barely drinking.

I felt like I was dying.

The door creaks open and I lift my eyes to find an overweight man staring at me. I look down onto the dirty floor instead. I found out the hard way that the guards hated being looked at, especially by me. A mere prisoner.

"Finally, I get to meet you beautiful," The fat man says, his voice as vile as the smell emitting from his body.

"I am Rio. Owner of this wonderful mansion and well, owner of you."

Owner of me?

He walks towards me, and I cringe, leaning away as his smell becomes stronger, trying to huddle into the wall even more.

"I like you," he admits with a chuckle, "You're quiet. Unlike the others."

The man continues to lean closer to me, and I think to myself maybe he'll fall over and right onto me if he comes any further. That would be brutal – perhaps even fatal.

"You're going to be an amazing bride," he whispers, the smell of rotting sardines and onions piercing through my nose.

But I would deal with that later. It was what he said that made all the hairs on my body stand, and I get whiplash from turning my head so quickly.

"B-bride?" Rio grins, his yellow teeth shining at me and I coil back as he reaches for my hand.

"That's right, sweet cakes," he runs a hand along my arm, and I shut my eyes tightly, pursing my lips, "I have to admit I thought they were going to bring a prettier, vanilla prospect, but Chocolate is fine."

When I don't reply to his blatant, racist response, he grabs me by my shirt and pulls me towards him.

"I need a queen to help me power this drug empire!" He yells maniacally. I stare at him with wide eyes, utterly bamboozled by what was going on. The fact that I was dehydrated and starving didn't help either.

"We'll get married tonight," he announces, dropping me roughly onto the ground, "someone will be in to help you. I'll see you later."

He plants a firm kiss on my cheek and I squeeze my eyes shut as tears threaten to fall.

I curl into the wall once he turns away to leave, and the guards, amongst everyone else, shut the door behind them, leaving me to my misery.