15

I froze.

I didn't know how to respond to his confession.

He was my mate and the process was complete so it wasn't like I could ever break the bond. I did love him but I had never said that to anyone before. The words sounded foreign to me and I realized I had taken too long to respond to him. He still wasn't looking at me though. Was he even expecting a response from me or was he just saying it?

"You love me?" I asked. I couldn't have asked a more ridiculous question. Who the hell else would he be talking to?

"I do," he responded simply, "and I know you love me too. Even if you won't admit it yet."

"How do you know that?"

"I just do."

"I've never said that to anyone," I admitted.

"Neither have I."

I frowned in response. Of course he had. He must have said it to Alex at some point. He said he was going to marry her so he must have loved her.

"No one?" I asked skeptically.

He finally met my gaze with a serious expression, "No."

I was surprised by his answer. I knew he wasn't lying. I would have been able to tell.

"You never said it to her," I asked. I knew the way I said her was full of distaste but I couldn't help it. Even the thought of Alex disgusted me.

"Never."

"But you said-"

"I said I was going to marry her. I never said I loved her."

I traced the definition of his chest absently thinking about what he said.

"I love you too," I finally said.

He looked down at me, "I didn't think you would say it."

"Why not?"

"I just didn't think you would."

"Think I'm that heartless?"

"No. I think you're that stubborn."

I laughed lightly at him as I continued to trace his perfect stomach.

"I can't believe we're fully mated," I mused.

"Me either. I was shocked you let me bite you."

"I was caught up in the moment. I would have let you do anything," I said.

He shifted so he could look at me better, "Do you regret it?"

"Nope. You're exactly what I want."

"Good because now you don't have a choice."

"I always have a choice," I replied coyly.

"Think so?"

"You wouldn't force me to be with you if I didn't want to be."

He shrugged, "I might be too selfish to let you go."

I shook my head, "Might be selfish but you wouldn't force me into anything."

He laughed lightly, "Probably not."

I could still tell something was bothering him but I didn't want to ruin the moment we shared. I was still shocked I had finally lost my virginity.

"Will?" I asked softly.

He glanced down at me as he stroked my hair, confusion still deep in his eyes.