Chapter Two

I pushed open the double doors, leading me into the school. I saw a bunch of kids in their clicks. I didn't think much about what they were saying but I also didn't care. I kept walking until I reached the bathroom. I walked inside and regretted it immediately. I saw the face of the devil. But it was hiding behind a full pound of make up. Tory Manon, the schools queen b. If you were a guy you wish you could be with her, if you were a girl you wish you were her. Unlike me, because I didn't care. Her and her "minions" walked toward me in a sassy form.
     "Look who it is girls, the little skank intruding on our bathroom time." She said ferociously.
     I squinted my eyes, "you do know you can't claim a school bathroom. So I'm allowed to be in here."
I rolled my eyes and turned around to leave. I slammed the door behind me. It didn't go as fast as I planned seeing as how it was a safety door, but they got the point. I walked fast around the corner and before I knew it, I bumped into someone. All of our belongings flew to the floor. I quickly knelt down and started to pick up the papers and binders. I looked up to apologize and saw that it is a face I didn't recognize.

"You must be the new kid, what's your name?" I asked.
"Is it really that obvious?" He chuckled. "I'm Andrew."
I admired how cute his little laugh was. I examined the detailed features on his face. He was a sight to be seen. His name had a nice ring to it. I liked it.
We finished picking up what was ours and got up.
"Well I'm Emily, and once again, I'm sorry." I repeated.
"It's all okay, it was nice meeting you. I'll see you around." He responded.
"I hope." I smiled.
When we walked past each other we both turned our heads to glance at each other. We smiled and turned our heads back. For once I forgot about everything around me while looking at him. There was something about him, something special. I could feel it.

     As the school day ended, I tried to find Mia. But I found someone else. Tory, walking with her minions. Of course, they saw me and started to walk in my direction. I tried to walk the other way but it was too crowded and I ended up getting pushed back to where I was before. I got tense as Tory got closer. But she walked right past me. I looked the way they were looking and saw what they say. Tory's target.
Andrew.
    I didn't walk over there because I couldn't be around Tory. I felt sorry for Andrew as I saw Tory get closer and closer to him. I also got a bit jealous, but I didn't let it get in the way of me focusing. As Tory sat practically on Andrew's lap on the bench, I started to get closer to investigate. She started to graze his shoulder with her skinny fingers. He seemed to like it. He had a smile on his face. Then he looked over in my direction. I acted like I wasn't looking at him, but I'm pretty sure he saw me staring. He left Tory sitting on the bench alone, if you don't count her posse. Her face was in awe as she saw Andrew choose me over her. He finally reached where I was standing.

   "Emily, right?" He jokingly said.
   "The one and only!" I giggled.
   We both laughed together. We walked off of the school ground. We didn't know where we were going but we didn't seem to focus on where we were, we just focused on each other. We had a connection, I just knew it.
      We walked for a good fifteen minutes until we reached a small park. We sat down on the swings, still talking about ourselves and our past. But I hid one thing. My parents. It was a hard subject to bring up. It was almost impossible. I sat on the swing, swaying back and forth, trying to Andrew talk. He had an interesting life, but he could tell that I zoned out. He snapped in my face to get my attention. It worked, I jumped.

"I'm sorry, it's not you, I w-was just thinking." I stuttered.

He accepted the apology. We decided it was getting late and was time to get going. Andrew walked me home. We said our goodbyes as I walked into the door. I shut the door behind me. Instead of starting a conversation with anyone, I went to my room. I changed into comfy clothes and tucked myself into the warm blanket. I closed my eyes then dosed off into a slumber.