Part One

"Maxine," someone groaned in the entrance of a small apartment. Before they knew it Maxine was walking around the corner. She wore a black backless dress the made the hidden colors in her hair really pop. Looking down at her heels, she smiled to herself. The other had gasped at their dates beauty. "You look stunning," they stated, breathless.

Maxine looked up at her date. They were wearing a simple outfit: boots, black jeans, forest green turtleneck, and black leather jacket. "As do you, Ash." Ash blushed at the compliment they had been given. Before any other distractions could come up, they began to head out together for a night on the town.

This would be their last night before they would be bound by marriage. The question had been brought up when they both expected it. Both of them had a plan of how to present the question and managed to ask at the same time. Laughing and accepting the others offer they realized how long it had actually been. All their lives they had been together. That means they'd been together for twenty-one years on that day.

The night would be eventful and they were planning on making the night fun. They were invited to a party, decided to go to some bars, and take a long walk around downtown.

The first place to go would be the party people insisted they attend. It was a birthday party for Maxine, as well as somewhat of a bachelorette party. Both Ash and Max knew it was going to be crazy, but nothing would bring them down tonight. It was their night and they would take advantage of it. Anything could happen and they'd still be happy as the night grew old. As long as they had each other they would be content.

No one really remembers what all happened that night, but no one cared either. Ash and Maxine were at their home in bed in the morning. That would be all that mattered to them in the morning.