Immortal Music

-;;Georgia's P.O.V;;-

I nervously clutched my auburn violin to my chest as I poked my small head around the night black curtain. The audience nosily filed into the massive arena easily drowning out the small talk backstage. Gulping as I felt cold sweat trickle down my overheated back, I backed away and fingered the strings on my instrument. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped slightly before spinning around to come face to face with my pianist, Jack. He had been so supportive of me during my seven years of playing in high school. Everytime I needed someone, he was there. Everytime I performed on this very stage, he would be there, long fingers placed carefully on the white keys of the expensive Yamaha grand piano. He got me to her today. And today, he would be helping me get my dream. A scholarship for the royal northern school for music. Even though I had been saving up since primary school, I needed this scholarship to enter. 

"Are you ok Jamie?" Jack placed his large hands on my chin, cupping it up so I could look into his eyes. I nodded slowly.

"I guess." I muttered, twiddling with my strings again. 

"Good." Jack grinned before looking up and straightening his black bow tie. A middle-aged lady walked up to his and whispered something into his ear before disappearing into the crowd of nervous people backstage.

"Well, that's me on with your brother." He smirked, grabbing his nearby piano music and walked onto the stage confidently. I sighed and straightened my dark purple dress that I was wearing. I had bought this especially for this occasion. It was a long, ankle-legnth dark purple dress with no sleeves. It hugged my curves perfectly and had a slight shimmer at the bottom. I had also bought a pair of violet pumps to match. I hate high heels. 

My brother, Max jogged off the stage grinning like a maniac. I froze. I was next. Max didn't have to be scared like me. He was only do this for the performance. I was doing this for the whole scholarship. This moment could change my life. I was going to follow my dream. Max nudged me and I stumbled onto the stage. I flushed deeply and walked forwards, now sweating madly. I scanned the room and my eyes rested on my only hope. The fire exit. I faintly heard Jack starting to play the familiar tune but I was frozen. I willed my arms to move. To place my violin on my chin and for my bow to move easily across my rosined strings. Nothing. Suddenly, I felt my body move and a gasp escaped from the audience. Bursting through the fire exit doors, I ran down the street, tears running down my face and smudging my softly done makeup. I had ruined it. At least I had one thing correct. Today did change my life. I can never show my face again. Never.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So, what do you think? Starting something new with ma friend on this awesome shared account. Just started this story and a short prologue. We'll try to write more in the chapters.

Check out this account and our individual ones:

Marpy - @RarityTheFashionPony

Holly - @NeonUnicornss

Please comment, vote and follow uss!

Holly xx