chapter five | the attack.

have any of you watched breaking bad? i started it recently and it's amazing. i highly recommend it.

**

finn trudged through the tall grass as he made his way home from school. he was taking a shortcut through an old field, it cut about five minutes off the trip. not to mention, finn really loved nature and the great outdoors. in his opinion there was nothing more amazing than the smell of fresh air and the sound of birds chirping.

what finn didn't know was, someone was following him. every once and awhile finn would hear rustling behind him but he assumed that it was simply an animal. it was not an animal, it was jack grazer.

jack slowly and carefully followed the taller boy. jack pulled a decent sized, silver pocket knife out of his back pocket. he began to charge towards finn.

all of a sudden, finn was shoved to the ground and there was a boy on top of him. poor finn was so scared he didn't know what to do. he recognized jack, but he didn't know why jack was doing what he was doing.

"w-w-wh-what do you w-w-wuh-want?" finn muttered rather quietly. he was too frightened to say very much. jack smirked and held up his knife.

"you'd better stay still, cause i'm gonna carve my entire name into your stomach, and i swear if you try to run away i'll slit your fucking throat!" and with that, jack used his knife to cut open finn's shirt. the smaller boy ripped the cloth and placed the tip of his knife on finn's bare stomach.

jack was just about to start cutting when all of a sudden a reletively loud pop was heard. he jolted his head and rolled off finn so that he could look around.

"stop it fuckface!" a male voice yelled. jack dropped his weapon and threw his hands into the air, finn also flung his arms upward not knowing what else to do.

finn thought he recognized the voice, however, he couldn't see the person that it came from as he was still lying on the cold, hard ground.

"you're a pussy jack. you're nothing but a bumbling idiot. you're always bitching about your dumb dead girlfriend. i honestly hope you get hit by a train." the same male voice said. jack just started running away as fast as his short legs could carry him. he simply wanted to get home and crawl in bed.

a very familier boy with very curly hair approached finn. the boy was wearing sunglasses and he had a gun in his left hand. he reached his right hand out to help finn up.

whenever finn was back on his feet, he finally recognized who the boy was.

it was gaten.

the boy that'd bullied, nagged, and harassed him for two years just saved his life. finn was in a state of absolute and utter shock. never in eleven million years did he think that gaten would save him.

"w-w-why... h-huh-how... w-w-"

"shut up. gosh, you're so annoying." gaten scoffed, cutting finn off.

"you s-s-saved m-me." finn muttered. the other boy cracked a smile and exhaled.

"yeah i guess. you're still a weirdo though. it's just a bb gun by the way, don't call the cops." gaten retorted as he began to walk away.

finn assumed that gaten knew what jack was going to do and didn't approve of it. he was very thankful that gaten actually had a little bit of a heart. as he started to continue his walk home, he was still shaking with fear. it was the first time someone had ever physically attacked him.

it gave him a strange feeling. he was extremely frightened, kind of angry, and also just wanted to cry his eyes out. he knew that the feeling wasn't going to go away for quite awhile. finn tried to forget about the incident and think about happy things, but it didn't seem to work.

~~~

"hey carrot top!" dacre, sadie's brother, yelled as he swiftly walked towards her. she was headed for the front door carrying her skateboard under her arm. "where do you think you're going?"

the girl scoffed and rolled her eyes. though as much as she despised her brother, she still loved him. after all, he was her brother and blood is thicker than water.

"the skate park." she muttered simply. he put a finger in the air, he was about to raise hell but then he had a sudden epiphany.

"have fun." he retorted, walking away.

sadie was absolutely shocked. she couldn't beliebe what he'd done. for once in his life, he was actually letting her do what she wanted.

"i could get used to this." she thought to herself as she walked out the door.

once outside, she immediately started scanning her surroundings in search of her boyfriend caleb. he knew that she was gonna try and break free from her brother's apron strings, so she was hoping that he'd be waiting outside.

after only around thirty seconds of searching, she spotted the boy she was looking for. caleb mclaughlin.

~~~

millie breathed slightly heavily as she walked up finn's driveway. she snuck out of her house so that finn and her could finish their project together. she didn't want to let him down. millie liked finn. he didn't treat her like an antisocial weirdo, he treated her with respect and she liked that.

before she knocked on the front door, she pulled out a small makeup mirroor that was in her pocket. she looked at her face to make sure that she'd cleaned off all the blood from her father's beating.

"oh hey m-muh-m-millie. i d-d-did-didn't expect to see y-you." finn said, hand still on the door knob. she smiled and stepped into his beautiful house. it smelled of freshly baked bread. it was quite nice.

"i thought we'd work on our project." she explained to him. he grinned and started to lead her to his bedroom.

when finn took time to really look at her face, he noticed a number of cuts and scrapes. he began to wonder if he should say something or not. millie could feel his gaze on her, and she knew he was studying her injuries.

"i fell down." she blurted out. she didn't mean to say that, it simply slipped out on accident.

finn could tell that she was lying. she had an extroardinarily guilty look on her face just moments after she spoke. he decided to call her bluff.

"y-y-you didn't. you d-d-d-don't have to t-tell m-m-me what h-hap-h-happened if you don't w-w-w-want to." he replied softly, a sweet smile on his face. he took a step closer to her and looked into her eyes.

he started to think about how pretty her eyes were. they were big and brown and just adorable. but most importantly, he could see kindness in her eyes.

"i uhm... i got... no... i can't..." she whimpered. finn could tell that she was attempting not to cry.

"we sh-sh-should work n-n-now." he stated, trying to change the subject to something positive. millie nodded and opened her book.

finn couldn't stop thinking about her. he was worried for her safety, as he could tell that there was someone that was a major threat to her.

unfortunately for finn, there was nothing that he would be able to do about it.