Chapter Fourteen:

Chapter Fourteen:

“My feet hurt.”

“When dont your feet hurt?”

I punched Inuyasha in the arm. He nudged me back and grinned. “Here, I’ll be a good person and help the needy.” 

I rolled my eyes. “Damn right you will.” I climbed onto his back. Shippo laughed at us from Sango’s shoulders as she walked beside us. Kagome and Koga were a few paces back, chatting with each other as they held hands and walked. Miroku walked next to Sango, telling her about old tales he’d heard.

“Hmm.” I murmured to myself, watching as Sango and Miroku laughed.

“What is it?” Inuyasha murmured back, peeking at me from the corner of his eyes. I nodded towards our friends. “They look…cozy…”

He smirked. “You like playing matchmaker don’t you?”

“No! I just can’t stand it when I see two potential lovers stand in front of me, completely blind to each other’s feelings. I like to help them.” I smiled triumphantly, proud of my excuse. He snickered and shook his head.

“Sure.”

I flicked his ear. “Shut up and walk.”

“You know I could just drop you.”

He tilted his head back and I poked him in the nose. “That wouldn’t be very nice.”

“Well not nice things usually happen to not nice people.”

I scowled.

“Well would you look at that. A village.” We looked up as we neared the entrance, villagers frozen with looks of fear plastered to their faces. They mostly glared and Inuyasha and Koga.

“Who are you? Why do you bring these horrible demons into our village?” A man appeared in front of us, glaring at Inuyasha. Inuyasha glared back.

“I am a monk. These are my companions. We travel from village to village as exorcists, exterminating demonic creatures. These demons are simply helping us.” Miroku stepped in, gesturing to us as he spoke.

“You trust them?”

“Very much so.”

The man looked Miroku over once and then looked at the rest of us. It seemed his eyes strayed back to me several times. Inuyasha almost ripped his head off.

“Do you sense a demonic aura here, monk?” Another villager stepped forward, visibly shaking in fear. Everyone turned to Miroku.

He closed his eyes and seemed to think for a moment.