Chapter 1: Messenger Owl [edited]

There is an authors note at the end of the chapter.

Guide:
(P/N)=Your pony name (comment your name :D)
(E/C)=Eye color
(M/C)=Mane Color
(C/C)= Coat Color
(Pony pov)=whos point of view it currently is
[Location]=where that pony is

(p/n) pov)
[Your castle]

I sat and watched the sun go down from an open window in my room. A soft gust of wind rustled the trees and flowers below. They looked to be dancing to the classical music flowing from my record player.

In the distance I could see a black dot that slowly increased in size as it neared me. A messenger owl. This was one of our long distance owls which is surprising because we never get mail from far away places. I extended my arm out for him to land on. Said owl silently and elegantly lowered himself onto my outstretched arm. "Hoo" I held out my hoof and he dropped the letter.

"Thank you. You may go now." I say as I look at the messenger owl. "Hoo" He spreads his wings and takes off. "Be safe on your way home, Mr. Owl!" I yell after him than turn away to find my letter opener. "I wonder who sent this letter..." I mutter as I flip it over to see. "Princess Twilight Sparkle"

~°Meanwhile In Ponyville°~

(Twilights pov)
[Twilights castle]

I took a deep breath as my friends filed into the room and took their respective places. "Twilight, dear, why did you call us here so late?" Rarity asks. "Yeah! I was 'bout to get some shut eye! I wanted to practice some new stunts tomorrow!" Rainbow exclaimed as she flew to her seat. All my friends started talking and asking questions at the same time. I raised a hoof to silent them. "Please girls, we have very urgent business we must attend to! Quiet now, so I can explain."

"Oh! Business?! I love business!!" Pinkie giggled as she bouced slightly in her chair.
Turning to her I laughed. "Well, Pinkie, you'll love it even more when you hear what it is!" "What do ya mean, sugarcube?" Applejack asks. "Weeeeelllll~" A large grin took form as I looked at all my friends. "UGH!! Just spit it out, Twilight!!" Rainbow shouts practically jumping from her chair. Pinkie than gasped "Are you getting married?!" The room was left in a suffocating silence. I just stared at her for a long moment before answering "No, Pinkie, I'm not getting married. Why would you even think that?" "Yeah who'd want to marry an egghead like her?" Rainbow spoke up. I sent her a sharp glare than took a deep breath before continuing.

"Do you know where nightmares come from?" "Our heads?" Fluttershy whispers. "Wrong, it comes from a powerful magic wielded by the royalty of the Night Dwellers." "Night Dwellers?" My friends repeat. "Yes, they are a race of ponies that seem to be a mix of a pony and a nocturnal animal. Honestly, its a bit of a mystery... Anyway, I have invited their princesses to Ponyville."

The room went quite. "Um Twilight.. Is that really such a good idea?..." Fluttershy says. "You know we trust you but..." Rarity starts. "These Night Dwellin' ponies don' sound to pleasant..." Applejack finishes. "Nah, these guys sound cool! Not as cool as me, of course." Rainbow said. "Oh Dashie! In your mind, no one but the wonderbolts are cooler than you!" Pinkie joked. I nodded. "I'm positive this meeting will go well! And if I can become friends with them, Princess Celestia will be so happy with me!" My friends looked at each other and than back at me. "Alright! Now everyone get to bed! We have a big day ahead of us!"

~·°·~
PLEASE READ

Wow! Chapter one of the rewrite! I'm excited to see what you think! I know this chapter isn't that long but don't worry, they'll be longer in the future. I'll try to update once every week, if not than every other week. As we progress in the story, I will ask you questions that will help decide what will happen next in the story!

This chapters question is:

Who do you what to be your special somepony?

They don't have to be a pony. (For example: a dragon like Spike) They also don't have to be from Ponyville. (For example: Fancy Pants)

Pick anypony! Even if they're not a pony. Just leave a comment!

Anyway that's gone on long enough, thank you for reading, my little ponies... See you next chapter! Bye-bye!!