Prologue

BEFORE YOU EVEN READ THE STORY, I MUST PUT UP A DISCLAIMER!!! I OWN NOTHING IN THIS STORY, EXCEPT FOR THE CHARACTERS, COVER PICTURE, AND PLOT. WARRIORS BELONGS TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER, ERIN HUNTER. WELL, ENJOY!

Prologue

"I can't do this anymore, Whitenose," Moonrise desperately whined.

"Do what?" Whitenose questioned, bewilderment flashing in his violently-blue eyes.

"I can't keep traveling around the lake to be with you," the she-cat curtly replied.

"If you're suggesting that I swim across the lake to ThunderClan territory, I'd-"

"No!" Moonrise abruptly snapped. "You're a RiverClan cat, and I'm of ThunderClan. We both knew our relationship would come to an end at some point. Besides, do you really think the kits will want to go back and forth to see their parents?" She bleakly covered her plump, kit-bearing belly with a protective tail. "I am raising them in ThunderClan, and telling them their father was killed by a badger," she finally announced.

"You can't do this!" Whitenose hastily snarled. "I deserve the right to be with my kits, at all costs!"

"Watch me," the queen hissed in return. "I'll make sure you don't ever find out who they are, even if I have to break the Warrior Code." The beautifully tall and slim she-cat slowly started to pad away, wobbling slightly from the weight of her unborn kits in her belly.

"Oh, you'll see," the bulky tom growled as Moonrise vanished, his unnaturally long fangs bared into a sinisterly psychotic smile, his razor-sharp claws unsheathed. "I will claim them, even if I have to hurt some cats and break a couple of rules myself." He glared up towards the moon in the night sky, then lurked back into the shadows, returning to his marshy home.