ACT 0

"It's time for the show to begin!" shouts a loud voice. The voice sounded neither male nor female, but it was certainly excited. "Are you ready, ACTOR?"
"Of course, DIRECTOR!" I step onto the stage, ready to start. The audience whispers excitedly, and I smile wide. The energy in the room is exhilarating. All the lights on the room shut off one by one, then flash back on, with all of them facing me. A human SOUL floated in my right hand, with a  faint red glow surrounding it. And on the other, another SOUL covered with black sludge was desperately trying to break free. The audience stared in amazement at the glowing SOUL, and in disgust to the black one.
Suddenly, the black SOUL's goop started reaching for the red SOUL. I move my hands farther away, but that only made the goop go faster. Finally, the black SOUL reaches the red one, and it becomes covered with the black substance, sinking down into my palm. The audience gasped, but not because the soul was stuck in the dark goo.
The previously black SOUL becomes uncovered, revealing a shining SOUL with a fiery light emerging from it. The shining SOUL shot up into the air like a rocket, and the one that was covered sank through my hand and out of view. All eyes were on the bright SOUL, and no one gave a damn about the covered one. I snapped my fingers. The soul dissappeared. And so did I.
"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the first ACT to begin!"

(If you are wondering why the book has changed, it's because I'm changing the story a lot. I introduced some characters too early, and I would like to make the Ruins longer. Also, some scenes were extremely unnecessary. Thank you for understanding!)