K-Pop:The Pied Piper Of The Philippines

Invasion!

This is how K - pop affects our everyday life.We deal with the constant struggle of staying up until the wee hours of the morning to stream their new song and drama series, and the uncontrollable fangirling by stalking them online and collecting their merchandise.It adds on to school works which makes our daily routine exhausting. Being a K-pop fan is hard,but we can't help it. They're too irresistible!

Looks.Have you noticed that lately, our standard change? Imagined a male classmate standing beside a male Korean.Who would you find more attractive? Most would say the latter. Now imagined a female classmate standing a female Korean. The one most people would go for would be the foreigner. Am I right, or am I right?

Fashion. Lately, more and more of Filipino's fashion statements are becoming similar to South Korean's. Dont, get me wrong, I find their fashion style cute but don't you think that those coats were a little too humid for Philippine climate? Sure, you could use it during the times of sweater weather but a regular jacket would've suffered. Let's keep it down a notch shall we?

Drama. Watching dramas is a fun way of passing time, but watching something with subtitle is way better! This is the place where some dramas are badly dubbed that voices don't even suit the character and sometimes they fail to meet the speaking phase of the person they're dubbing for. Oh and let's not get to the part where they hung their viewers with incomplete endings.We still love their storylines,nevertheless.

Food. Kimchi.Samgyeopsal. Pork Bulgogi. These are the few examples of famous and common dishes from...... you guessed correctly, South Korea! Lots of Korean - themed restaurants are opening up all over the Philippines because Korean dishes are widely becoming widely accepted and liked by Filipinos. Tables with grilling pans now dominate the food industry.

Music. Now here come the part that I was anticipating the most.Korean pop, also know as K-Pop,took the music world by storm. Now people wonder how others would even like their music when there is a clear language barrier that stands between them. Their catchy lyrics, excellent choreography, superb music videos, and engaging melody makes us fans go crazy over their albums. Need I say more?

Despite the clearfact that this is an act that kills our nationalism, let us not judge the ones who just go for the things that make them happy. Although we fans are very vocal in terms of appreciating the cultures, we still do not forget that deep downs our roots, we are still true blue Filipinos.