Chapter 1

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. It was all just a dream, I thought. I looked over at the black alarm clock sitting next to my bed. It is only five a.m. There’s no point in trying to go back to sleep. I lurched towards the bathroom. I flipped on the light and went blind for about thirty seconds; however, I tripped on the hair drier and landed on the floor. I picked myself up off the floor and staggered over to the tub where I turned the nozzle. A nice warm bubble bath might wake me up. I sat on the toilet yawning and rubbing my eyes.

Once the tub was filled and all bubbly I slowly lowered myself into the hot water. I soon felt relaxed and wide-awake. I turned on my music which included My Chemical Romance, Pierce the Veil, and Sleeping with Sirens. I lay there thinking about things such as my crush. About an hour into my soaking I heard my brothers trampling down the stairs. Thank god I had my own bathroom. I heard someone walk up to my door and knock on it.

“Cassie, are you up?” my mom asked.

“Yes mom!” I answered.

I closed my eyes but soon had to get up. I wrapped a towel around my petite body. I brushed my hair and teeth. I opened the bathroom door and walked over to my closet. My closet was a walk in closet.  I pushed pass the beads and ribbons that lined the doorway of my closet. Most if not all of my clothes are black. I picked my favorite black skinny jeans, a black tank top, a crop black leather jacket, and a pair of black knee high converse boots. I grab my load and throw it onto the bed. I slip into my black laced underwear and bra then went back to do my makeup. I put a tinny bit of foundation on then a ton of black eyeliner with some mascara. I also put my “collar” on, it was actually a chock necklace that happened to look like a collar. I heard a door slam which meant everyone was out of the house. I jumped up and ran for the stairs, in just my bra and underwear. I got to the top of the stairs when I heard clinking of either glass cups or bowls. I slowly crept towards the kitchen. I popped out into the kitchen. All I saw was a bowl, slowly spinning on the ground and to a stop. I stood with one hand on my hip. How weird. I screamed as someone wrapped their arms around me and lifted me into the air.

“Gottcha!” the person laughed.

It was Jack, my guy friend. He has been my friend since elementary school. He had blonde hair with bright blue eyes, has a lot of muscles, and freckles. He normally wears a black shirt with a pair of jeans, a pair of Jordans, and a few band bracelets.  He is the captain of the football team and a drummer of a band.

“Wow, you are so mean.”

I proceeded towards the cereal. I pour myself a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. The TV flips on as Jack plops himself on the couch. He looks at me and taps the couch. I walk over and sit next to him. I feel his eyes staring at me.

“Forgetting anything?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

“No.”

I sight and stand up. I start walking up the stairs.

“Like what you see?” I laugh.

“Yeah, nice view from here.”

I roll my eyes and jump up the stairs. As I put my clothes on I thought about Jack. I love Jack but like a brother. Oh, I have not told you about myself. Well, my name is Cassie Elizabeth Quinn. I have blonde or white hair with black tips. I’m emo and my favorite color is black. So that’s about me, oh also, I’m lesbian.  Yes, I get made fun of it all the time and yes, I do cut because of it. The only people that don’t make fun of me are Jack and my friends, which is not a lot. I feel bad. Jack really likes me. I walked back downstairs and finished my bowl of cereal. Jack looked t the time then back at me.

“We have an hour and a half until we need to start heading to school. What do you wanna do until then?”

“Ehh, don’t care.”