Chapter 6: Ghost Valley Farm

Bonnibels P.O.V

Waking up without any alarms is the purest form of freedom ever to enjoy, and on this day, I was able to feel like I reenergized myself after the last couple of late nights. I open my eyes and try to raise my hand to rub some sleep out of them when I feel that one hand half-asleep under a sleeping Marceline. Yarning a little, I look down and admire the queen who was sharing an entire bed with me but decided to lay half on top of me. Her face was facing me, and she was in a peaceful sleep still. Her dark loose hair flowed around her exposed shoulders above the sheets, and she gave a very light snore every time she exhaled. I wiggled my arm from below her and finally rubbed my eyes before looking over the bed towards the nightstand and seeing the time. It was noon, and I slept through the morning errands I had to complete this Saturday morning but didn't stress over them too long. I needed this rest way more than those errands, and besides, it felt good waking up to marceline right alongside her, even if that meant losing feeling in one hand.

Shifting on the bed, I try to get myself back into a comfortable position, still having marceline on top of me when I hear her start to make little protesting noises with her eyes still shut. I stopped moving for a minute and waited for her to relax again before I poked her nose. She twitches it, still asleep, and I decide to grab a strand of her hair and use the tip of it to swipe at her nose again. She twitches her nose again, and this time her eyebrows forward a little as her eyes remained close, probably slowly coming back to consciousness. I bite my bottom lip to prevent myself from giggling at her facial expression when I tickle her nose for the third time with her hair when she finally raises one of her hands to rub her nose around. She starts to blink awake, and I instantly drop her hair and pretend to stretch my arm above me as she fully wakes up. "Hmmm, good afternoon Marcy," I say, smiling at her.

She grumbles something under her breath, and I tilt my ear towards her.

"Come again?"

She rolls her eyes before rolling off me and towards the other side of the bed.

"I said I'm sleeping," I hear from her as I take the chance to wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close, spooning her. I took the opportunity to kiss her shoulder and press my head against her back as we stood quiet for a moment.

"What time is it anyway?" Marceline asks.

"Twelve-something by now."

"Can we try again at 4?" Marceline says before pushing her back closer to my chest.

"You're more than welcome to stay in my bed till 4. How about that?" I say, running my hand up and down her arm tenderly.

She nods her head in agreement with that while I start to unwrap myself from around her, but then she starts groaning when she feels me entirely pull away and begin to sit up on the bed.

"Bonnie, nooo," she says, turning over to finally face me.

I smile down at her as I get up from under the sheets and climb off my bed. "Marcy, you know I'm a restless engineer and can't stay still for more than a few hours. If I stay in bed with you till four ill be behind on my experiments." I say, stretching my arms high above my head and tilting to the sides to stretch.

Marceline blows a raspberry with her mouth before raising the sheets to rest under her chin.

"Besides," I say, getting close and cupping her cheek. Her hair was messy, and she still had slight darkness below her eyes. "You can use some more sleep being a vampire demon and all who torments only throughout the nights." I finish leaning down to kiss her forehead.

She huffs but doesn't say anything, and I take it as an agreement between us. I head over to my closet and ruffle through the clothes before spotting a light beige turtle neck sweater dress. After finishing my shower and getting dressed, I step back into the room and hear faint snoring coming from my bed. I quickly head to the window and close the long curtains before grabbing my long boots and slipping them on. I make sure Marcy's phone is beside her on my nightstand before grabbing my lab coat and stepping into the hallway.