Chapter 4: Clean Up Crew

Though the students' grades had improved, the physical condition of the school itself was less than satisfactory. It was time to put the teens' leadership skills to the test. They were to clean up the school. They were divided up into several sections and responsible for different areas of the dump that was barely passable as a "school". Justin was in charge of the cafeteria, Jadee was in charge of the bathrooms, Tam was assigned to the classrooms, and Gabe was stuck with the library.

A few other volunteer students helped out with the groups and it made the process way faster than it would've been. It made waking up early on a Saturday much more worth it, especially because they planned to get boba afterward.

Freya sang random songs, Jadee was never serious, Justin was frustrated, Abby snorted, Naomi acted like a failed dictator, Jayda was the responsible mom as always, Ople threw his banana peels on the floor, and Tam took video of every stupid thing she saw her friends do.

"Guys can you please stop messing around? We're here to clean." Jayda begged the people around her. They were uncontrollably hyper and nothing was changing.

"Sorry Jayda." Everyone responded guiltily. They hated upsetting Jayda in any way so they followed what she said without hesitance.

"Ugh why is this school so dirty anyway?" Sophia asked frustrated.

"Because it represents the students in it." Justin replied, annoyed.

Fast forward a few hours later, a lunch break was given to the hardworking students. Within seconds, Abby was already complaining about Mike whilst others shared or stole from others' food. It wouldn't be lunch until Tam took a piece of Gabe's purple rice and Jadee was yelling at someone's stupidity.

"OH MY GOD MIKE! YOU'RE SO STUPID!" Jadee and Abby shouted in unison. It was usual for Mike to do some stupid things, but they always varied. This time, he was playing with Abby's bra straps, but accidentally pulled it too hard and it unclasped.

"Stop Ople! This is disgusting." Sophia complained as she took the banana Ople held and ran. It's unclear why he keeps doing these disturbing acts, but at least it was entertaining in the eyes of many people.

When work resumed, the group of mostly Asians were energized and their productivity increased exponentially. It's amazing what food can do to people. Before they knew it, the school was the cleanest it's ever been.

Graffiti was erased or covered, walls were repainted, mirrors spotless, and the floor and concrete had no signs of trash. You could say that it was pretty good. They were all proud and their hard work didn't go unrewarded. They deserved every prize they were given.