Chapter 5: Detention

10/3/13. Kaelyn Green. After school detention. Report immediately to Mr. Wilson's room after classes are over.

I read my detention slip for what seemed like the fiftieth time today. I walked around the last corner and Mr. Wilson's room was right in front of me. I opened up the door and saw that there was nobody in there yet. Mr. Wilson wasn't even here yet!

Wow Kaelyn, first one to detention. How much more of a goody-goody could you be?

I put my slip on Mr. Wilson's desk and took a seat at the back of the room. I decided that since no one was here yet, I might as well listen to music or something until they do get here. I took my Iphone out of my pocket and then put my earbuds in. I closed my eyes and tapped my fingers on the desk.

Check yes Juliet are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk, I won't go until you come outside. Check yes Juliet kill the limbo, I'll keep tossing rocks at your window, there's no turning back for us tonight.

The first verse of Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings was blasting through my ears, when someone took my earbuds out of my ears.

"Excuse me, but who the fuck just interrupted my-" I stopped semi-yelling when I saw who took away my happiness.

"That would be me, babe." I had never heard that voice before. I turned around and saw a tall, slim, boy who looked to be my age. He threw my headphones on my desk and leaned over me.

"Um...." I looked at him.

"You're in my seat." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked up into his green eyes.

"Actually no, this isn't 'your' seat. Does it have your name on it? No, it doesn't. So I'm going to sit here no matter what." I was about to start rambling when I bit my lip to stop myself.

"Babe, I sit there every day I get detention, so I suggest you get up before I have to force you up," He said in a deep voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"No," I said stubbornly.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to do this the hard way then." The mystery boy put his hands around my waist- I started squirming.

"Get off of me," I said. I tried to pry off his arms but he just tightened his grip on me. Where are all the other people who are supposed to be in detention? Where is Mr. Wilson?

"No can do babe, I tried to tell you to move but you didn't listen." He lifted me up out of the chair and pinned me up against the wall. I was panicking, I didn't know what to do. "So, you're the famous Kaelyn Green?" he asked me.

"Famous?"

"Yeah, because of that perfect little-" Perfect little what? My question was not answered because someone had burst into the room.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER TYLER!" A comforting but scary voice yelled. So his name's Tyler? There was a smirk on Tyler's lips as he stared into my eyes before turning around to face Shane. Shane was staring at Tyler; his hands were balled up into fists.

"Don't touch me," I whimpered. Damnit Kaelyn, why do you have to act so weak? Shane started walking towards Tyler and I. But, I didn't want Shane to interfere.

I lifted up my leg and kicked Tyler- very hard- in the stomach. Tyler stumbled backwards and then doubled over in pain. I looked over to Shane and saw that he was smiling... I've never really seen him smile but, he sure did look hot when he did.

I didn't just think that? Did I?

"Now, I'm going to sit here whether you like it or not. So bye, bye," I said. Wow, where did that sudden confidence boost come from? I watched as Tyler backed up and he went to go sit on the opposite side of the room.