Bar Rescue (Cyclonus x Tailgate) OS

A/N: This doesn't really take place anywhere specific in the comic. It was just an idea.

Tailgate had no idea of what compelled him to attend Swerve's bar this evening, but here he was. The sounds of chattering, glasses being hit against each other and audio he couldn't recognise flooded his audio receptors when he entered the room. It was so much brighter and colourful in here than the rest of the ship, not that he could find anything to compare. The whole layout and scheme was just dull and boring. No wonder everyone chose to come here. It was an escape from the problems everyone was faced with, some of which happened to be the large and strict law enforcer. Most would think of it as a safe haven.

Taking a quick scan of the bar, he familiarised himself with those who were currently present. Skids was sitting at a table with Rung. They appeared to be conversing more than drinking, well, Rung anyway. Ever since he started his therapy sessions with the challenged mech, Skids had grown exceptionally close to the doctor. That's all he really knew about them.

Across from the left he spotted the one named Trailcutter who basically served this quarters as his secondary home. He always looked like he was enjoying himself, even when he was alone. That was most likely due to the constant flow of high grade running through his system, but he appeared harmless.

There were other mechs nearby at separate stalls, some of which the names couldn't spring to mind. Tailgate still felt new to all of this. The ship, Rodimus and his followers. Everything. He didn't know why he felt the need to remember everyone when he only associated himself with a fraction of those one board the Lost Light. Maybe he just wanted to make up for lost time and gain as many new friends as he can now that he has the free will to. He had to start somewhere.

Finally approaching the main bar stall, he was spotted by Swerve who was in the middle of a conversation with Whirl. The tall scrawny mech was hunched over with drink in hand. As soon as he noticed Swerve diverting his attention away from him, he spun his helm towards the smaller form walking up and jumping onto the stool next to him. His singular optic beamed at him in suspicion.

"Tailgate! What a surprise! Come to join the big leagues huh?", he teased as he leaned an arm against the table. The red and white mech knew Tailgate wasn't much for drinking so it was a surprise that he had showed up. By the look of Whirl's expression, he was probably thinking the same thing.

"Maybe your not so small and pathetic after all", Whirl commented before turning away from the two. He swirled the high luminescent contents in his cup casually as if nothing was said. Tailgate grew confused but brushed it off as quick as it came. He noticed the drink in his servo looked quite promising.

"Um.. can I have whatever he's having?", Tailgate pointed to the drink in Whirl's servo.

"What, Burning Crusade? That's stuff's spicy! Are you sure?",  Swerve asked with a concerned look.

"Yes". The mech behind the table finished cleaning the cup in his hand and placed it down.

"Aaaalright then", he spoke with high enthusiasm at the end. Tailgate watched as his drink was being prepared, tapping his digits together nervously. Swerve was quick and efficient in making drinks. He sure knew his stuff. No wonder he was destined to succeed his dream in running a bar. As he continued spectating, he saw Swerve pour two separate liquids into one. It created some chemical reaction and the colour went from a dull brown and red to a bright orange, almost like fire. Once Swerve was satisfied with his creation, he spun around and planted the cup on the table.