s e v e n t e e n

the front bottoms - be nice to me

//

i woke up staring into eddie's eyes.

i shot up in my bed and looked at when richie was supposed to be. he was bent in an awkward position on the floor, which was obviously a result from him falling during the night. i turned back to the wide awake eddie.

"my mum woulda' freaked if i came home late so i panicked and stayed here." he nibbled at his nails and brought his knees to his chin. i moved from the bed and kicked richie in the back.

"its fine, eddie. don't break a nail over it. want breakfast?" he nodded and followed me eagerly. richie was still asleep on the floor. we slipped out of the room and i clicked the door shut behind us. craig was camped out on the stairwell, mashing buttons on a handheld game. he didn't seem to care when i led a boy from my bedroom down to the kitchen. i think he just exudes 'gay'. eddie bolted towards the fridge and searched for something to sate his hunger. i wasn't hungry and it was a saturday, so i knew that i had no time limit on breakfast. i sat on the counter while i watched eddie fiddle with a milk bottle cap and a cereal box. i'd never seen a boy look more excited for frosted flakes.

"are you offended? by yesterday, i mean. bev and stan buzzing off with that asshole." he said between mouthfuls of soggy flakes. i shrugged and pulled at the loose threads on my skirt.

"i wasn't necessarily surprised with stan, but i thought bev was a close friend."

"she could have been going after him to have a good shout." milk dribbled down his chin and soaked into his david bowie tee.

"that does seem like something that bev would do. but part of me wonders if she went after him to comfort him." he guzzled the milk down like a dehydrated camel and threw the plastic bowl in the sink. he wiped his lips with his sleeve and leaned against the fridge.

"she might have been, but you'll have to ask her to find out for sure." he turned and left my house abruptly. he was right. i had to ask her in order to be entirely sure about her motives. on monday. weekends are for sleep and neglecting study. i slipped past craig again, expecting a greeting but being disappointed. he never was the talkative type. richie was still on the floor as i shut the door behind me. somehow, he had removed his top and it laid on my bed.

you're not presently using that.

i shimmied my skirt down my hips and violently yanked my halter top from my torso and slid into richie's dead kennedys shirt. i purposefully lingered around him in nothing but his shirt, hoping he'd wake up and instantly sport an erection. but, like most dream scenarios with richie, that never became a reality. i found my way under the covers and he began to stir.

"fucking hell where am i?" he groaned and rose from the ground. he saw the fabric of his tee shirt peeking up from the covers and his eyes widened. "is that my good old dk shirt covering your supple virgin flesh?"

"wanna find out?" he laughed and propped his hand on his hip.

"you can't be serious," he laughed and sat on my bed, "i don't need to look under the covers to see that you're a thief." but he yanked the covers back anyway. my panties were entirely exposed and he didn't pretend to hide his gaze. "well, fuck. i, um-ahhhh." he scratched the back of his neck and continued to stare. i sheepishly yanked the fabric of the shirt down and pulled the duvet back up.

"is there something you require, kind sir?" i tipped an imaginary fedora. he shrugged and laid across the foot of my bed.

"if i'm going to leave, i'll need the shirt back. and i have a very rare disease that disallows me to close my eyes when women change; a tragedy, i know." i apprehensively undressed beneath the blankets. richie looked defeated and grabbed the shirt from my fist. "well, that's cheating. cheaters deserve punishments."

punishment? what on earth could this string bean mean?

"but the best way to deliver punishments is to do so in the form of a surprise." he laughed maniacly. i bit my lip as he pulled the shirt over his skinny - but strangely attractive - body. "so i'll wait until you're entirely unsuspecting, and then i'll attack while your defences are at an all time low."

"jesus fuck, did you learn that line in a guide to war? next time, when you're trying to seduce me, don't threaten to attack while my defences are down. kinda kills the mood."

"would you even allow me to attempt to seduce you without whipping out your own guide to war techniques?"

"maybe i will, maybe i won't."

"i'm sure you're leading me into a false sense of security, and that might be your battle technique."

"zoinks, you've spotted me." i rolled onto my side.

"but, like seriously, are you okay after yesterday?" silence filled the room and richie lifted himself from my bed, "as bullshit as this sounds, i'm totally there for you regardless of the situation. and i think you've known this for a while."

"i'm fine. just need to think, and i have no willpower to think about this shit." he leaned over my body and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"don't let stupid, obsessive thoughts take your mind captive."

but, boy, all my stupid, obsessive thoughts are about you. and my mind has already been taken siege.

//

not proofread but, hey, two updates in 24 hours!

i was originally supposed to upload tomorrow night, but then I realised that I would be very drunk tomorrow night

don't judge me for celebrating ayy party party