Part 2

Emi peaked out from her papa's suit jacket as the three continued arguing. The bully was still in a bloody heap on the floor, and Emi turned her gaze towards the young boy that had fallen with jii-chan. She had never seen him before...why was he with jii-chan? The purple haired bully finally pushed himself up and into a sitting position on the floor, blood dripping from his head. Emi glared as much as her three year old self could as he sat on the ground.

She turned her purple gaze towards the new boy: hat on top of his head and scar on his cheek. Emi opened her mouth to say something to the boy, but the front doors slammed open, startling the toddler into silence.

She quickly hid her face in her papa's jacket as a marine burst in, calling out to the purple haired bully.

"He's escaped from the ship's prison!" the marine shouted out, and Emi peaked her face out.

The purple haired man's body stiffened in shock as he absorbed the news. Emi blinked as the other patrons began to panic as news spread through the Baratie.

Who escaped? Were they in a time out? Emi looked around the restaurant, taking in everyone's expression.

"A member of Krieg's crew?!" one of the patrons stuttered out, and people began to panic even more.

"Papa? Who ran 'way?" Emi asked, confused from the panic arising from everyone.

Her papa didn't answer the three year old, but instead put her down. She blinked in confusion, but her snail companion caught her eye. She toddled over to her snail companion who was lying on the ground a couple feet away, but a loud shot froze caused Emi's body to freeze on the spot. Her eyes widened as the marine fell to the floor, blood pooling around his body. She ran to her papa and clutched at the fabric of his legs, snail forgotten in her fear. A figure stood behind the fallen marine as patrons screamed and fled.

She sniffled as fear caused her body to quiver. The figure-a man-walked into the restaurant and Emi hid her face in the pant fabric as the man walked past them, and sat down at a table. He was even scarier then the purple haired bully! The patrons were silent as Patty walked to the scary man as he demanded food.

"This place is a restaurant, right!?" he groused, and Emi risked a peak from her papa's leg.

He looked like a dirty and scary skeleton with blood staining his skin and clothes. She felt a ripple of shock go through the patrons as Patty began insulting the scary man.

"Do you have any money?" Patty asked, and Emi let out a cry as the skeleton man put a gun to Patty's head.

Her purple eyes began to fill with tears as Patty effectively smashed the scary skeleton man to the ground, destroying a table in the process. She blinked as Patty continued beating the skeleton man until he lay on a heap on the floor. She let out a surprised noise when she felt her papa begin walking away, and she scurried to follow.

"Emi, stay here" her papa said before going into the kitchen.

"But..." she started, and gave a small pout when the kitchen doors closed in front of her.

Why couldn't she go in the kitchen with her papa? She always went into the kitchen with him. With a small grumble, Emi walked out on deck. She stopped short when she saw the scary skeleton man lying on the deck. Her head cocked when she heard his stomach growling loudly, and she let out a small 'oh'.

Her small exclamation caused the skeleton man to raise his head slowly, eyes locking in on her small frame. Emi let out a squeak and hid behind a bucket. The skeleton man opened his mouth to say something, but his stomach growled loudly again and he lowered his head back down to the floor boards.

He was hungry! Maybe that was why he was cranky. Why didn't he just ask for food? She was sure if he just said please that her papa or one of the chefs would make him some food. Her jii-chan and papa always said that she always had to use her manners when asking for something.

She crept out towards the skeleton man, but a shadow towered over her. She looked up and a smile stretched over her face when her papa placed a plate of food in front of the hungry man.

"Papa! Hi papa" Emi giggled.

Sanji sat down on the deck beside the skeleton man, and she scrambled up onto his lap. His cigarette smoke floated in the air, and Emi watched it rise before disappearing completely. She blinked in surprise when the skeleton man grabbed the food, turning his back on the pair before scarfing it down. Her small head cocked to the side in confusion as she heard him sniffling.

"Papa? Is he sad?" she asked as the skeleton man continued devouring the food.

Before her papa could answer, Emi hopped off his lap and took a couple cautious steps toward the skeleton man. She walked to the side to see the man's face, and tears streamed down his face. She squatted down and gave his hand a hard smack, shocking the skeleton man. He didn't feel the smack, but the action shocked him.

"You need a time out! No being mean!" Emi exclaimed, cheeks puffed out in irritation.

Her little brow was drawn together in what she thought of was stern discipline. To the two men, it looked like the toddler was imitating a mad tomato. Emi was about to reprimand the skeleton man even more, but the boy from before jumped down to the deck. She squeaked in surprise and scrambled to her papa's lap, hiding her face in the fabric. She felt a reassuring pat on her back as the three talked. She peaked her face out, and gazed at the boy as he sat on top of the railing.

Her eyes widened; she wasn't allowed to do that! Why could he?

"Papa! I sit there too!" Emi exclaimed, pointing to the railing.

Her papa shook his head at the three year old and placed a hand on top of her head. Emi puffed out her cheeks in irritation. Her papa and the boy began to argue, and Emi scampered off of her papa's lap. She felt her tummy grumble in hunger, and scampered away to find some food. Maybe Patty or jii-chan had some food?

She ran into the restaurant, giggling as cooks and patrons walked past her. She jumped up the spiral stairs and skipped past the cooks, hesitating. They all seemed pretty busy...maybe her jii-chan could play with her. She ran around, looking to her jii-chan, and let out a happy noise as he stood outside, yelling at people on the deck below.

"Jii-chan! Hi!" she squealed as she launched herself at the elderly man.

He easily caught the three year old and held her to him effortlessly with one arm as she gazed at the scene below. The skeleton man was on a small boat and about to sail away. She let out a gasp when her papa broke the dish.

"Papa will be in trouble" she said, and her jii-chan stood in silence.

"Jii-chan?" Emi asked, looking at the older man, confused about why her papa wasn't getting in trouble.

If she broke a dish she would have gotten a time out.

"Sanji! Errand-boy! Both of you get back to work!" her jii-chan roared, and walked into the ship, the three year old giggling as his moustache tickled her.