Allen x Child!reader: Safe and Sound

You curled into a ball and sobbed quietly. You were bleeding out, for you had been stabbed by a trespasser in your own home, and you'd seen him approaching the other rooms of your family members, but you didn't know what to do. You were only a child, what could you do?

When you heard a thump come from your windowsill, you crawled further under your bed and winced when you saw how much blood was on the floor.

You whimpered as you witnessed someone walking toward the bed, although all you could see was their shoes so you were unsure of who it was. Then you saw a white haired boy with a star above his eye peer at you with a look of concern.

"Hey there, are you alright?" He asked.

"D-don't hurt me, please!" you whispered, holding your stab wound tighter. 

He saw the crimson on the floor and on your clothes and offered his hand to you. "I promise. I want to help you."

Reluctantly, you scooted towards him and slowly took his hand and he helped you out from under the bed, careful not to bring any more pain to your injury before he tore off a bit of his sleeve and gave it to you. "Hold this tight to the bleeding place," he said.

You nodded and applied pressure with the cloth and he gave you a warm smile, a reassuring one. That changed when there was a scream from your parents room.

"Stay right here, I'll be back!" He exclaimed, vaulting over the bed and for the hallway.

"Be careful!" You called after him.

You waited there, Beginning to feel dizzy from blood loss and listened for the boy who had helped you. 

Was he going to save your parents? Would he be ok? How could you help?

It was awhile before the boy returned, sullen faced and bloody. "We need to go," he said sternly.

"W-what? What about my family?" You asked as he took your hand and pulled you towards the window.

He frowned. "You're not safe here, they've left," he lamented, although he never said to where.

"Are we going to find them?"

"I don't know sweetie, let's get you somewhere safe first before we worry about that."

You made a decision to go with him and he helped you get out from the window and carried you while you held your wound with the cloth.

Soon, you felt tired and passed out into Oblivion.

-

Your vision was blurry as you were slowly pulled out of the darkness and into reality.

"Look, the little sprout's waking up!" You heard a man call. 

As you regained your vision, the sight of a man with long dark blue hair pulled into a ponytail came into clear sight, and he appeared to have his brows furrowed.

The boy you'd seen from earlier came to your side and kneeled down with a smile. "Thank god you're awake!"

"W-where am I?" you rasped. You were lying on a mat with a pillow under your head and there was only a small lamp creating dim firelight for the wooden housing around you.

"We're hidden in a secure house. We ran into trouble, but everything is ok now. The only thing Bakanda is good for is for dealing with injuries," the boy answered.

You looked at "bakanda" and grinned. "Bakanda? That's your name?"

"Look at what you've done, now I'll have to gut your dumb moyashi ass in front of this kid! Don't call me Bakanda when my name is Kanda!"

"It's Allen you stupid idiot!"

"Don't... fight," you managed. The pain within your stomach where you'd been stabbed was intense and was causing you some grief.

They both growled at one another and grumbled some before they stopped and Allen pulled a bag from his pocket. "Here, I bought these earlier for a snack, but I think you'll like them more than I will." You accepted it and he grinned. "What's your name?"

"______."

"That's a nice name," Allen commented.

You opened the bag and saw that inside there were sugar crystals. You picked one out of the pouch and nibbled on it, grinning at the sweet taste. "Thank you Allen!"

He smiled. "I'm glad you like it _______."

Kanda gave Allen an indescribable look before he said: "You can't keep it, it has a home."

"She is not an it, one, and two, she doesn't have anywhere to go. We have to keep her safe Kanda, we're her home now."

"What do you mean?"

Kanda glared at Allen. "Don't tell me, something bad happened."

Allen's expression drooped to a glum, sad look until he finally spoke again after a small period of silence. "No, it's fine. We're going to find them, but she has to be safe for now." 

Kanda refused to look and let out a heavy sigh. He knew better, he knew what had happened.

You on the other hand, did not. "Thank you Allen and Kanda, I hope we find my parents soon."

Allen grabbed your tiny hand and rubbed your head dotingly with a small, perhaps forced, smile. It looked like he wanted to hug you, but he understood he'd probably cause pain in the injury in your stomach. "I hope so too, ______. But until then, I'll be sure to look after you."