Chapter 4

Ethan slammed the front door when returning home that evening after spending too much time in Grayson's company. He leant back against it with a defeated sigh. He didn't mean to snap at and tease the younger boy. The moment the words fell from his mouth and saw the heart breaking look Grayson had in his bright eyes, the pang of guilt hit him. The boy just seemed so pure and was caught between the conflict Ethan had with his inner self and outter world. He was sorry but he couldn't show it. This was too much.

Running up to his room like the speed of light Ethan wasn't up for a lecture from either parent about his late arrival and the slamming of the door. He threw himself on the bed and groaned out loud.

A flicker of thought streamed through and he peered over to his closet door. He couldn't could he? No he was over it. It was the emblem of why he was in the mess. But yet he convinced himself.

He pushed up and walked over the the door and swung it open. With a quick rumage he found what he was looking for and pulled the plastic back out. He starred at the bag containing ready rolled joints and sighed.

It's all to forget

He told himself and took one before lighting it. Making sure the smoke was leaving through the window he took a long drag. It's been months since his last one but he needed it today of all days. He didn't need Grayson fucking with his mind. The rest of his sleepless night went by in a blur as he remained sat by his window blowing clouded smoke.

*

Ethan ran his hand through his hair with a grumble as he walked down the hall, each pupil in his way quickly stepping away. The school seemed to know when Ethan wasn't taking shit. Grayson did not. He quickly skipped behind the older boy slinging an arm over his shoulder

''Hello friend'' Even after last nights events of the reading incident, Grayson was still drawn to Ethan. Ethan, even though he did feel guilty he will not admit it.

With a shrug of his shoulder to get the unwanted arm off Ethan glared at the smaller boy ''I'm not your friend''

''Can you be?''It felt like it was something beyond Graysons control that was telling him to say these things to the other boy. Like his thoughts were becoming reality and had no filter

''no'' came the blunt answer and Ethan began to take bigger strides to get away from Grayson

''We have a project to do'' Grayson nagged. He hated out of school projects but he had to admit it was a major advantage. At least he had an excuse to talk to Ethan and to feed his nagging curiosity about the boy.

''I'm aware'' without a look behind his shoulder Ethan carried on walking to his locker praying the small boy behind him would give up.

''My house tonight?'' Grayson offered with slight hope in his voice.

''Fine. Now leave me alone'' The older boy scowled and carried on walking when Grayson stopped in the corridor smiling to himself as he felt another little bit of Ethan's wall break.

I apologise for not updating I had writers block. I know it's a little short but I'm really excited to get right into the story ha
There will be more updates to this book in the next 2 weeks I promise. Maybe even tonight? Or morning depending on where you are
Kay 🌌