iii. | to the grave

"It feels like it's been forever, I swear!" Stiles exclaimed in happiness.

"We've missed you too Stiles. How have you been, surely saying with Klaus that long took its toll." Freya joked.

"Now careful sister, I may just have to rip out your tongue," Klaus smirked. Freya and Stiles rolled their eyes. Keelin just stared at him strangely. She never got used to his weird sense of humor.

"Have you talked to any of the other recently?" Stiles asked her.

"Davina and Kol are happily married in the sunny state of California. Marcel and Rebekah are enjoying their time together in the Big Apple and Elijah, well you know." Freya said. Stiles nodded in understatement.

"What about Mystic Falls? Bonnie doesn't tell me much anymore."

Freya glanced to Klaus and saw a distressed look on his face.

"I don't really know. I don't talk with them, especially after Stefan, and the opening of the school."

"What happened to Stefan and what school?" Stiles asked confused.

"Klaus didn't tell you? I thought he would have at least..."

"Freya!" Stiles said.

"Stefan sacrificed himself closing a gateway to hell. He saved everyone in Mystic Falls."

"Oh my god..." Stiles said, completely shook to his core. 

"After that, Caroline and Alaric opened a school for supernatural kids. It's where Hayley and Hope are." Freya finished.

"Klaus! How could you keep this from me? One of my friends died and you didn't tell me?!"

"I'm sorry Stiles, I didn't know how to tell you." Klaus walked over to him to place a hand on his shoulder.

Stiles stood up and walked towards the exit of the room.

"It's almost like your trying to make me forget about my old friends, my old life." Stiles walked upstairs.

"Klaus, I don't know how you're going to keep doing this. It's been years." Freya sighed.

"It would have been fine if we didn't come here," Klaus growled.

"No, if this kept going Stiles would have eventually run away." She said.

"I would just compel hi-" Klaus started.

"Klaus! You can't compel all your problems away. He's a human being. Not a pet."

"I know that! I just can't lose him." He yelled.

"I know the feeling, Klaus. And I know you've never had anyone like Stiles before Klaus, but this is only going to end badly for both of you. Let him remember, he'll be mad at you for a while, but if he truly loves you, he'll forgive you." Freya said.

Klaus sighed. "I don't know sister. It's such a risk."

"Every part of love is a risk, but there just risk you have to be willing to make."

Klaus nodded.

"I'll do it. Just, let me do it alone." He sighed.

Freya nodded. She Told Keelin to follow her and they went outside.

Klaus sighed and walked up to Stiles' room and knocked on the door.

"Stiles?"

"What Klaus?"

"May I speak to you?"

"I don't know, are you going to lie again?"

"Quite the contrary, love," Klaus smirked sadly.