Chapter 1: Long Time No See

RAVEN'S POV

It had been a while since I set myself a challenge, usually I just go wherever I so desire, defeat whoever I wanted to defeat, as long as I stay away from Taiyang, Yang and Ruby, I'm usually fine, but now, now that he's come back to me, I might not have to anymore.

I was on one of my journeys through the forest, just to clear my head from all the stress that's been building up in my head over the last few days, Qrow telling me to come back 'Home' really stressed me out and my duties to the bandits didn't help, So I often came here to clear my head.

I was in the forest clearing my head, but I heard a snap, not like someone snapping a twig by stepping on it, it was a branch on a tree, meaning someone was going from tree to tree, I looked up and saw a person in a lot of black clothing and a dark grey mask, looked a bit like mine, made from a Grimm, but his seemed like it wasn't meant to induce fear, he also had a lot of messy black hair that went down to the bottom of his spine.....much like mine....

As soon as I saw him though, he was gone, I knew this trick, I turned around and swung my sword upwards, only to find that I didn't block anything.

"What!?" I pulled my mask down and looked around with my sword out, only to find that I was alone.

"WHERE ARE YOU!!!?" I screamed, seemingly at nothing, then I saw a man walk out of the trees, he looked pretty damaged, but he was still standing upright, I knew him, he was a member of the bandits that went missing over a month ago, I had to remain on guard in case this was a trap.

"Calm down, I'm not here to hurt you, I'm just lost, can you help me get back to the village?" He asked, I was convinced that this was a trap.

"No, you're already in the village, I saw you on my way here." I said, he then smiled evilly and pulled out a sword that looked a lot like mine except with a black serrated edge blade, that seemed familiar as well...

"Then take a swing Branwen." He said in a voice that was too familiar for my comfort, but I pushed that aside and ran at the guy, who changed into the man in the mask and blocked with ease, I was surprised, no ones been able to block a strike from me, especially when I had momentum like that, I jumped back and went for another strike, but he just sidestepped, I went to stab him in the head, but he just moved his head enough so that it wouldn't get him.

"Come on Raven, this can't be all you've got." He taunted me, I was getting really pissed, so I started getting really aggressive with my swings and stabs, but he was dodging them so easily, this situation felt....eerily familiar...

"Might be time for me to fight back..." He said, he then blocked one of my strikes and tried to strike my side, but I blocked and tried striking his neck, blocked, he went for my leg, blocked, I went for his shoulder, blocked, this went on for a while, until he did something I found unprecedented, he caught my sword by the blade with two fingers when I went for a downwards slash at his head.

"Come on now Rae-Rae, you know better than to that to me..." I heard him say, and that's when it hit me, that's when I figured out who he was, where I knew him from, who he was to me.

"Only one person calls me Rae-Rae..." I said, looking at him and loosening my grip on my sword and flicking my mask up.

"That's right Rae-Rae..." He said, there was no way it couldn't be him, no way it could be someone else...

"Is it really you Barron?" I asked, I couldn't tell behind the mask, but I think he smiled, he then lifted his mask and I saw him...his Amber eyes...his face...everything...but I saw that he had a scar on his left eye that passed his jaw and went under his shirt, looked pretty fresh too.

"I don't remember That being there when I last saw you." I said, he chuckled a bit and touched his scar.

"Well, I've been in a lot of battles since you last saw me, that's only one of many battle scars I have on my body now." He said, I hated that, the fact that he'd been hurt and he'd never be able to fully heal his wounds of war.

"Where's your team? They were always with you." I said, he thought about it for a moment, then said

"Six feet underground." I was shocked at this, I hoped that he was kidding but his face was stern and serious.

"Oh you're serious....I'm so sorry Barron..." I said, he just shrugged and sat down leaning against a tree.

I should probably clear some stuff up here, I knew him from back in my days at Beacon, when I was with Team STRQ, Barron was in Team BLUE, Barron was perhaps the only person that I could stand back then, other than Qrow, his team, BLUE, was comprised of his brother Lylas, his twin sister Una, and his girlfriend Emmalina, they were arguably the best team at Beacon, it was a toss-up between BLUE & STRQ, usually ending with him and me sending each other to the infirmary as the last two standing for our teams.

"How'd they die?" I asked him, he groaned, so I decided to sit next to him and listen.

"They died on one of our missions, there was a Grimm ambush, way too many for us to defeat, I got out alive, my team didn't have such luck." He told me, I was actually saddened about this too, I always liked his team, not so much Emmalina after she became his girlfriend, I always had a crush on him, but I ignored it.

"I'm sorry to hear that.......hey....why are you here anyway?" I asked him, he leaned his head against the tree and looked at me.

"I'm essentially a tourist, I heard of a village around here, so I decided to take a break off of work and go there." He said, and I was shocked, Barron Shade was coming to MY village!! I felt like that teenage girl I was back at Beacon again.

"That's my village, maybe we can get to know each other again." I said to him, He seemed surprised at that.

"Sure, It would be great to get to know how much the girl I once knew has changed." He said, and I couldn't have been more happy, my good friend in Beacon, my former Crush, will come with me................. I wonder much he's changed, other than the scars.......