Chapter I

Dan's Pov

It was raining. Again. I mean, what more can I expect from England really but I'd hoped that today might be different. I sighed as I walked back from the window and flopped face-first onto my bed. Getting ready for a day at the Lester's was not my favourite thing to do so usually I'd just wait here till the last minute, revaluating my existence here on earth. I love my parents but how they expect me to share a room with him for an entire day I just cant comprehend.

Phil Lester. The pain in my arse since, well, forever really. Our families have been friends for literal centuries. We are the first not to get along and, to be honest, I don't even know why. Apparently, when we were babies, we'd cry if we were in the same room and no one ever knew how to stop it. As young kids we'd be constantly fighting over the smallest thing and even now, at 15 years old, I still can't bring myself to have a civil conversation with him. Every time we're together I feel the heat of anger building up inside me and I can tell he feels the same. Ugh, I really can't be bothered for fighting today.

Eventually, my parents called me downstairs for some breakfast before we left so I dragged myself across my room, down the stairs and into the kitchen. My parents were on edge again. They always are before we go to the Lester's house, knowing that something will go wrong. They're adamant that it'll pass though. A petty, childish rivalry they call it. They don't feel what I feel though. That pure, unfiltered anger, like lava running through my veins every time he's around.

I scoff down some toast, avoiding the stares of my mum and dad as I know they'll just give me that look of hope. The hope that everything will go smoothly for once.

Ha.

 As. If.

Sorry it's short and probably not very good but I'm trying my best to improve my skills so hopefully it will get better the more chapters I write. Thanks for reading :)

- Misty