A poor mans struggle

Michael stands stilland takes a deep breath for the first time today. Standing on the platform with 5 minutes tospare, he looks around, an old man is sitting in the corner with nothing but acup for money and the clothes he is wearing. Michael looks at the man for awhile, the man is just sitting there staring straight ahead, he doesn't even lookat all the people walking by. Michael walks over to the man and drops 10dollars in the cup, the man doesn't even look up, so he asks him if he is allright. The man looks up, Michael now see that he is not as old as he thought, hehas long grey hair, dirty clothing and a worn-down pair of shoes. The man seesthat there was a 10-dollar bill in his cup says thanks and looks back intonothingness, Michael asks him again "Are you okay sir", "I'm fine, don't worryabout me" the man then says without even diverting his eyes. "Where are youfrom?" Michael asks looking for his train, "are you in a hurry" the man asks,Michael guises back at the man and sees that he is looking him right in the eye"No. Well, I have to get back to the office before 6 o'clock" "why" the man askslooking very confused. Michael looks at his clock and taps his foot "I have tofinish the report for..." he sighs "never mind, you wouldn't get it anyway" "noprobably not" the man said laughing "I never really got the point of it" "What don'tyou get?" Michael asks, "It's just a poor man's struggle I guess". Michael hearsthe train coming, "Have a nice day sir" He says and drops a 5-dollar bill inthe cup. The man looks at him and gives away a distant smile.