Chapter 15

"How did you and dad meet?" Luka asked Cordelia as they sat outside her parents' house. "Why does grandma hate him so much?" He asked. Cordelia looked down and sighed. "A couple of months before your father and I took you and Olivia in and had the triplets, I lived in a house three doors down from here. But back then, you're dad wasn't the man he is now. He was mean. Cruel. He.. he attacked this pack and kidnapped me just because we were mates. He was mean to me. But I eventually was able to break him down and slap some sense into him. It took him awhile to get that way but I'm happy he's a better man."

Luka gave her a weird look. "Dad was like that?" He asked. Cordelia nodded. "That's horrible." Luka lowly growled. Cordelia looked up at Luka. "Why didn't you tell me, mom?" He asked her. She sighed again. "I didn't want you guys to see your father as a bad guy. He started becoming a good guy way before you or Olivia came to live with us." Cordelia said. Luka ran a hand through his hair. He didn't know what to feel about Pierce.

Bruce came out of the house. "Hey, you two. Mom finished food." He said. Luka and Cordelia both got up and walked in after Bruce. Cordelia sat down on the couch next to Pierce and grabbed his hand. "Hey." Pierce said and kissed the side of her head. She leaned against him. Luka distanced himself from Pierce and Cordelia. Pierce noticed this and tried to motion Luka to sit next to Rosalia, who was sitting to Pierce's right. But Luka didn't move.

Is Luka okay? Why isn't he sitting down? Pierce mind linked to Cordelia. Cordelia didn't answer him. He lightly pushed her with his shoulder. Cordelia just looked up at him and smiled and looked away. One by one, Ann and Bruce gave everyone a plate of chicken alfredo. They gave the triplets and Olivia bowls of it. Everyone started eating but everyone ate in silence other than the triplets and Olivia were talking and laughing.

Luka's stomach didn't want the food but he forced it down anyways until the food on his plate was all gone. Cordelia did the same thing. She didn't want to eat because of what happened in the kitchen not too long ago.

Cordelia instantly got up without a word and started taking everyone's plate. "Honey, you don't have to do that." Ann asked, trying to act positive. Cordelia ignored her and just put the dirty dishes in the sink in the kitchen. Pierce sighed and stood up and followed Cordelia. "Babe. You okay?" He asked and gently put his hands on her hips. She sighed. "I'm fine." She said. He lightly pressed his lips against hers.

Cordelia pulled back and set her head on his chest. "I love you. Okay? So if something's bothering you then you can tell me." Pierce said and ran a hand through her hair. "I know. I think this was a bad idea. I just.. I just wanted the kids to know them. But after two years, I thought that she'd at least be civil with you long enough until we left." Cordelia sighed. Pierce kissed her head. "I'm sorry, baby." He told her quietly.

Cordelia and Pierce walked back into the living room. They saw the triplets already fast asleep on the couch. Pierce sighed and Ann walked up to them. "Well this was an interesting experience." She mumbled. Cordelia avoided her eyes. "I just wanted you to meet your grandchildren. Not make a scene." Cordelia told her. "But obviously didn't work. Luka could you please wake up your siblings?" Cordelia asked Luka. He did so and picked up Olivia who was also falling asleep.

"I would say this was a nice evening but it I don't know if I could call it that. Thanks for the food though, mother. It was good and thanks for being good to my kids." She said. Pierce picked up Rosalia. Cordelia walked over to Blaze who was whining because he got woken up. Cordelia eventually shushed him enough so he stopped whining.

Bruce walked over to Mekhi and picked him up. "Dad, it's okay. We got him." Cordelia said. Bruce shook his head. "No. It's okay. I'll walk home with you guys." Bruce said. Cordelia looked at Ann. "Bye, mom. See you later?" She asked Ann. Ann nodded. "Yeah. Later, Dels." She said and exited the living room to her's and Bruce's bedroom. Bruce sighed as they all walked out of the house.

"That was... better than I thought it'd be." Pierce spoke up half way home. Cordelia and Bruce looked at Pierce but didn't say anything for a minute. "It was a disaster." Cordelia said. Bruce nodded in agreement. "Hey. I thought your mom was going to burn the house down when we got there. But she didn't so I thought it went better then I thought." Pierce joked. Cordelia didn't find it funny but Bruce did.

They eventually got back to Pierce's and Cordelia's pack and got to their house and they put Olivia and the triplets to bed. "I'm sorry your mom wasn't the best tonight. I'll talk to her." Bruce said when him and Cordelia walked to the front door. She shook her head. "I kind of expected her to act this way. She doesn't like Pierce for many reasons. So it's okay." She sighed and hugged her dad. "I hope you know she still loves you. And I love you." Bruce told her and kissed the top of her head. "I love you guys, too." Cordelia said and pulled away from Bruce. "I'll see you later, dad." Cordelia said and opened the door for Bruce and they both waved to each other.

Luka was sitting as far away from Pierce as he could. Pierce sat on the love seat and Luka sat on the far end of the couch. Pierce looked up at Cordelia. She sighed. "You. Get to bed." Cordelia told Luka. Luka looked up at her. "It's only eight. I'm not tired." Luka said. She raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't care. Go to bed. I need to talk to your dad." Cordelia told Luka. He sighed, got up and stalked to his bedroom. Cordelia sighed. "What's wrong with him? He was fine before we ate. Then all of a sudden he-"

"I told him." Cordelia said, cutting Pierce off and sitting on the couch. He gave her a confused look. "Told him what?" He asked. She looked at him then looked away. "He asked how we met. I was trying to think of a small lie to tell him but I couldn't think of one and I couldn't lie to our son. And he's fifteen, he'd figure out I was lying and knew I was. So I told him how we met and now I can tell he's upset with you because of what happened." She sighed.

Pierce sighed through his nose. "I didn't want him to be mad at you. I know we promised not to tell them how we met because I know they would probably get upset and just... ugh." She said and put her head in her hands. Pierce got up and walked over to Cordelia, kissing the top of her head. "Hey. It's okay. You thought the best thing was to tell him. And if he's upset, he's upset. There's nothing we can do about it unless he wants to talk about it." Pierce told her and helped her from the couch. "You had a long day. With your mother and now Luka, I think you just need to sleep." Pierce told her and they went into their bedroom.

He handed her, her pajamas as he stripped to his boxers. "I'll talk to Luka in the morning. Don't worry." Pierce told her when they crawled into bed and eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.