First Kiss

Sigh.

I look at myself in the tour bus bathroom mirror. My stubble is making me look really rough and the long nights aren't helping. My eyes are sore from another all-nighter and my head hurts. Fucking hangover. I quickly wash my face in an attempt to feel a little better. I'm about to start shaving when-

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Hurry the fuck up Alex! I need a shower!"

That'll be Zack. Ugh! You never get any privacy on tour. I love it but I also like being able to shower without someone walking in on you every time.

"ALEX! Get the fuck out of there! Zack is stinking out the fucking bus!"

I grab my shirt and open the door. Almost immediately, Zack barges through and tears off his sweat soaked shirt. He's been working out for Keek again! I walk through the bus to get a drink. 

"Damn it Alex! You haven't even shaved!" Rian laughed. He was lucky! He suited his on-tour stubble!

"Very funny. I hardly get the time! What with the concerts, the signings and the rest of you needing to shave and shower too!" I sigh as I pull on my shirt. 

"I'll share the bathroom with you if you want!" Jack butted in.

"Me too!" Zack laughed from the shower.

"Like he'd want to share the bathroom with you after your fucking workouts! You fucking stink!" Jack shouted from his bunk.

"You just want to see him naked!" Rian laughed.

"Dude, I see him naked all the time!" Jack laughed.

We all start laughing until-

Cough. Cough. Cough.

"Are you okay Alex?" 

"Yeah, just a little cough. Nothing-" Cough. Cough. Cough. What's wrong me? Am I getting sick?

"Do you need a drink or something?" Rian asked.

"Need me to get you something from the drug store?" Jack offered politely.

"Guys! I'm fine! It's just a cough!"

"Good thing we don't have a show for the next few days. Don't want you to be coughing through Remembering Sunday." Rian said jokingly. "Maybe you should get some rest for today." He added.

"But I thought we were going out today!" We are staying in New York for a while before our next show. We were going to go visit some old friends in the city to catch up then we were going out drinking with them tonight.  

"We can go out any time for the next few days. Try and get better quickly and we can go out when you're better."

I sighed again. I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a days rest. I am a little tired...

"But what will you guys do?" 

"I'm going to go shopping. It's Cassadee's mum's birthday soon and she's too busy." Rian sighed. He hated shopping, even if it was for Cassadee.

"Hey, can I come with you? Help you choose something and clear the bus for Alex to sleep." Jack asked.

"I'm right here you know! And don't treat me like a little kid who can't take care of themselves!"

"Sorry but we need you to get better quickly. We want to go drinking and we don't really want to leave you out or for you to be feeling sick whilst we were having fun." Jack said. I knew he didn't mean to hurt me but I was still a little annoyed.