Two

•Peter•

"Got you!" Peter said, and wrapped another web around the writhing burglar.
"Peter?" A voice said, through his suit. Tony Stark.
"Oui?"
"I need you to meet me in the limo outside the warehouse you're in right now."
"Gotcha."
Peter winked at the struggling burglar and walked outside, getting in the limo parked outside. He pulled off his mask.
"Look, I have something I need to tell you-"
"Hold up, selfie!" Peter held up his phone and took a picture, but Tony wasn't paying any attention.
"Listen, I-" Tony started.
"Did you see how I totally got that-"
Happy started driving. Tony impatiently shushed Peter.
"There's a new villain I need you to track down. Our sources say she's around your age, so we think this would be a good assignment for you. She has some information that the Avengers need to know. Something to keep you busy. We haven't given a name to her yet, nor has she revealed one, but-"
"Wait. I just have one question."
"Yes?" Tony said, annoyed.
"Is she hot?"
Tony shot Peter a death glare.
"Do you want the assignment or not?"
Peter sobered up immediately. "Yes."
"Okay, then you better take this seriously. I'm putting my faith in you."
Peter saluted. "Gotcha, Papa Stark."
"Don't call me that. Now hurry up and get changed, we're taking you back to school. And don't skip out on school again just to catch a thug."
Peter hurriedly pulled on a sweater and some jeans over his suit, and by the time he was done, they were at the school.
Peter got out of the limo, and waved to Tony and Happy, in which they ignored him.  He walked up the sidewalk, remembering he had decathlon.
Something rustled in the tree nearest him, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.
He heard a branch snap, and a flash of clothing plummeting toward the ground. His spidey senses took over, and he rushed over and caught something, someone, in his arms.
It was a girl.
If he remembered correctly, it was Y/N.
All she did, though, is wrap her arms around his neck and burrow her head into his shoulder. She was trembling slightly.
After he felt her breathing slow down, she finally looked up at him.
Her eyes flashed with recognition, and she squeaked a little, quickly disentangling herself from him.

"What were you doing in the tree?" Peter
asked, holding back a small laugh.
She stuttered, but finally told him why.
"I was just reading to try and pass the time. I have decathlon now."

Peter laughed a little. "Michelle said you were coming to Decathlon, I'm part of the team."
After a few more exchanged words, Peter walked with Y/N into a small classroom that served as the decathlon room. Everyone was already waiting for them.
"Now that everyone's here, let's get started," Michelle said as Peter and Y/N sat down.

~•~•~

That night, as Y/N was getting ready for bed, she thought of Peter again. She remembered when she met him, how he was flustered and rushed, and later in the day, how he was reserved and caring.
Her first day of school wasn't bad, and if she continued this way, she would keep the rest of her school year quiet and peaceful.
Y/N walked into her room, turned off her light, and got into bed, where she then grabbed the ankle cuffs binding her to her bed and put them on.

One by one, she snapped on her handcuffs, and linked each one to a chain on either side of her bed. Then she drifted off into a mostly peaceful sleep.

She had frightening dreams. Ones that she hadn't had in a while. She saw herself, clothed in a tight black bodysuit. She saw herself staring straight ahead at a car coming towards her in the street. She watched as she stopped the car with a flick of her hand, and tossed it away from her. Injuring or even killing the people inside as it landed upside down on the pavement.
She looked on as policemen surrounded her figure, pointing their guns at her. She flung all of their guns away with a wave of her gloved hand and raised them into the air, and pointed each one at a living, breathing, human being. She felt herself smile, and then she heard the guns click a bullet into place.