CHAPTER 17

My arm throbbed painfully, and my ribs felt like they were on fire, while my head pounded heavily. Recognizing the feeling in them, I knew they were cracked. I inhaled deeply, making the pain flare. I moaned and my eyes twitched as I opened them, to find myself in a darker room, only lit by a few torches on the walls. Other than those, there were two bowls filled with hot coals, that let off a nice soft orange and yellow glow. Standing in front of me were only three people, Blade, Jack, and an older woman in the back. Just by her raggly looks, and how she was constantly mumbling when she held something, I knew she was a witch.

              We were in a pretty decent sized room, all the walls made of stone and bricks, while the door was made of very high quality iron. It had little rust on the edges, so it was old but there were very few scratches. There was a table nearby with a box on it, and three buckets probably filled with water. While my hands were suspended above me, held tightly in silver shackles, and for some reason they kind of buzzed and tingled a lot.

             "Did you have a nice nap?"

Jack sneered, he wasn't the best at doing that, he always made himself look like a fool. I glared at him,

             "No thanks to you, if that's what you're asking."

He was about to say something else when Blade sighed, and interrupted.

              "Jack, just get the tools out. You boy, are going to give us some information."

               "And if I don't?"

              "I'm sure you'll figure it out.

As he said that, Jack pulled many objects from the box. A bronze club, and iron spike which he put in the bowl of hot coals. There were multiple other things,but the last one made me feel really uncomfortable. A long leather cat whip, with gold spikes at the end of each of the three thongs. I looked up as Blade he continued,

                "If not that, Salo can make it where you will never have a good night's sleep as long as your here. Or you will always be in pain, no matter what. So I'd suggest you choose wisely."

            I was about to say a retort, but I hesitated and started to think of my friends. And what harm might come to them if I gave Blade the information he wanted. Then I thought of Sophie, and what harm could come to her. I have never really thought a lot about it, or even thought of admitting it to myself, but I liked Sophie. I mean really liked her, I had strong feelings for her. In fact, I loved her. No, I couldn't do that. Not to her, or anyone else at the camp. Making my decision I shook my head at them,

               "No, I'm not saying anything."

Blade glared at me,

               "That is your mistake, one that you're going to regret. Jack, you may begin."

He moved to the back to stand next to the older woman, while Jack grabbed the club and approached me, slapping it into the palm of his hand.

              "So, where is the camp? Tell me, and I'll think about not hitting you as hard."

I narrowed my eyes again, sending him very many words through that one look. Jack gave me an evil grin.

             "Fine. If that's how it's going to be, then so be it."

He pulled the club back, and took a step forward to add to his effort, and slammed the club into my ribs. I moaned, as he continued to beat and batter me. He hit my ribs, my stomach, my legs, and even a part of my chest a little bit. My ribs were no long on fire, but screaming at me as well. Red welts had formed all over me, and I forcefully coughed up blood from how hard he had hit my stomach. My chest burned, and it was hard to breath. Weak my legs gave out, and I just swayed there like a pinata hanging on the rope, as he continued to beat on me.