Part 1; Back from the mall

We both had a wonderful week, our weekend was going incredible too but you "had" to go to the mall. You said you were "bored" and wanted to get out. I asked you to stay home, we have a lot of yard work to do and you have work to finish up this weekend, stuff left over from the regular work week, but you wanted to finish it up tomorrow afternoon instead of Saturday, so you said.

You're an Little girl in a big girls body. Sometimes you just procrastinate. We all do and you want to get out. I know what's coming next, you will just start to act like a brat if I don't let you go, so off you go to run errands, shop, maybe see some girlfriends.

Three hours later I'm outside mowing the grass and I take a break to grab a Gatorade from the refrigerator. I notice you've blew up my cell phone, that can't be good. I begin to call you back but I hear you pull up in the drive. You come in to the kitchen mad as a hornet. Yelling at me that you needed me and I refused to answer my phone.

Your best friend comes walking in behind you. She's clearly enjoying watching you go off on me. This is out of character for you, your obviously very upset about something. I let you continue to vent, it's not hurting anyone and you obviously need to. As I stand there patiently waiting for you to blow off all the steam you've bottled up. Your friend just keeps smiling and walks over to the refrigerator and gets out a drink and leans against the counter to watch the fire works.

After a few minutes you calm down enough to catch your breath. You've been yelling at me 90 to nothing and I'm afraid your going to get horse.

I begin by saying, "sweetie I apologize for not answering the phone I was mowing the grass and I didn't hear or feel the phone ringing. So what did you need baby, you have my undivided attention. You just get angry all over again.

"Baby, don't baby me. I needed you to answer the damn phone! I need you and you weren't there!"

"Ok sweetie, we've established that I let you down, so exactly what happened?"

You proceed to tell me you were coming out of the mall and some old man hit your car and drove away. He hit you in the drivers side wheel and it snapped off.

I ask if your "ok" and it just makes you angry all over again. Another 5 minutes pass (It seems to me to last an hour) as you yell at me that the police had to tow your car, since you were stranded in the middle of the intersection, your BFF came and saved you from certain death.  You say that you could have been killed the way people were driving around you. Aside from the theatrics you seem none the worse for wear and I try to calm you down by reminding you that it's all in the past and your ok. 

You start to calm down and your girlfriend stirs you up again by claiming I'm just patronizing you. Nothing could be further from the truth but you bite since your so upset. It begins another 5 minute tirade about how I should have been there for you. I agree with you, and I mean it. "Baby, I love you and want to always be there for you, you know I didn't, and wouldn't, deliberately ignore your phone calls."

You look like it's beginning to sink in then your girlfriend starts in again. About how her husband ignores her all the time, and somehow all men are the same. I smile at her hoping she will stop but she's apparently having a bad day and just wants to stir up some more fireworks.

As you begin again I feel like I've been more than patient and you've had your opportunity to vent. Now I'm beginning to feel like your just being disrespectful.

I try to change the subject and ask you if you found everything on your errands list. Your girlfriend chimes in again that y'all were shopping for shoes for you and jewelry for her.

My mood is being to change rapidly and now you can tell. You and I have discussed you spending habits on "Clothes"and accessories (Shoes) you never wear, you have a whole closet of clothes and shoes and have admitted you only buy this stuff when your bored or frustrated. We even put you on a budget. I don't get mad, certainty you didn't blow your whole clothing budget for the month. We have agreed to $250 a month and you've done a great job of being self disciplined.