1

I only had one purpose, as of now, and that was to complete the tasks. Whatever tasks they gave the others seemed to cooperate without an issue, but there was an issue. All of us in the same space right now were humans or at least how I saw them. What I mean is we are bound to fail or make mistakes at some point. That's how I viewed humans and had imagined myself as always seeing them, forever bound to muck up some aspect of their situations through life. They are creatures born to make mistakes, not only that, but decide to learn from it or not.

I had my own flaw and it was procrastination which, sadly, tended to isolate me from the group. I wasn't sure how to feel about it, so I just grit my teeth and bared with it in attempts to ignore the isolation. It wasn't like it was that major of a situation anyway, they always forced us together. At the moment I was completing the task to walk straight ahead with my group containing no more than fifteen people. Since we weren't given the task to line up while doing so it felt as if I was being followed by a small storm cloud attempting to catch up with me and strike me with a deadly bolt of lightning.

My hands unconsciously tremble as I perspired heavily, leaving large sweat stains on the pits of my fitting shirt. I couldn't help but to hope it wasn't extremely noticeable as I waited impatiently for the task to stop. It always seemed to come out more like a demand though I'd never think of stating that out loud where the mechanical voices would hear and most likely punish me. Of course I'd never seen something like it happen, but I was sure there was some sort of repercussion. I let the thought settle with my wariness within my lump of nerves and tissues between my ears.

"Take a sharp left turn and pause," One of the mechanical voices said a sharp edge to it's voice.

Right now I could think of much better things to do than take a sharp left turn and pause, but my body obeyed without hesitation. Did the voices have control over me or was my fear and stupidity guiding me? My eyes instinctively looked around trying to take in as much information to my brain as it could. Everything seemed to be more muddled than clear which lead me to confusion, which I never accepted as a good thing.

I had no idea where our tasked directions were leading us too, all I could decipher was the harsh sulfur smell of rotten eggs. A few people behind me gagged and tried to disperse the smell elsewhere by fanning the air with their hands. Others stayed silent probably trying to prevent their lungs from taking in the horrid stench. It didn't seem to be making to much of a difference though. I began regretting wanting to stop, anxiously waiting for one of the inhuman voices to give us another task of some kind. It never was that simple though was it?

Though I couldn't see it I could sense someone approaching. I quickly turned around discovering the crowd that was following behind me gone. I gasped in surprise wanting to run away from the scene as soon as possible yet I was afraid of what would happen if I disobeyed. I felt cold, sharp stainless steel pierce my throat. I tried to call out but I could only choke on my own crimson blood. Was this how it would end? A flawed human under a control not of their own to be exterminated from existence.

"Flaws make us human, but humans have only hindered the true potential of the world which we live on." The raspy voice spoke as it somehow inhaled the foul air unperturbed and without an audible ill effect.

I gurgled and coughed on my blood as it simultaneously flowed from the wound. The being's words were hard to decipher through the agony. The being pulled the blade out suddenly letting me drop to the floor the blood flowing out quicker now that the blade wasn't working as a plug. The person that starts last sadly finishes last too.