Chapter Twenty One

A few weeks had passed by and Jack was still as angry as ever. He wouldn’t even look at me when we passed in the hallway. He has forgiven me every other time but this time it felt different. When he did accidentally glance at me during Science all I saw in his eyes was pure hatred. It was literally eating me from the inside out to apart from him. All I wanted to do was run up and hug him every time he passed me but I couldn’t.

I had spent the last few days sitting by myself at lunch, the little friends I had before had completely giving up on waiting for me to give a shit about them. Jack and Sam seemed to have rekindled their friendship because they had been sitting together at lunch for the past few weeks. They probably bonded over their hatred of me. I’d rather have Jack screaming at me everyday, it was the silence that was killing me.

I strolled home by myself like I did every day now. Walking through the door with a neutral expression on my face going straight up to my room. “Dinner!” Mom called up the stairs to me at around 7pm. I dragged myself down the 13 steps that I have had the spare time to count lately. I slouched in my chair, swirling my fork around the plate. “What’s wrong with you?" Lexi asked me with a curious expression.

"Did something happen with that Sam boy?" Mom asked completely oblivious. "I broke up with him months ago" I said annoyed at how little she new about my life. "Yeah God Mom she’s back with Jack now aren’t you?" Lexi said with a smug expression. “Or did you guys break up again?” She said still smirking. I glared at her. “Shut up" I said between my teeth."Oh no I remember, you rejected him and now he hates you" She said laughing. “Shut the fuck up!” I said standing up. “Kendall watch your language!” Mom said in shock.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I headed towards the door. “I’m leaving, I can’t stand being in the same house with her for another second” I said storming out the door slamming it loudly. I knew that Mom would probably follow me so I began to ran. I didn’t really know where I was going but all I knew was that I had to leave. I ran until my legs began to hurt. I was completely out of breathe.

I noticed a park bench on the other side of the street and I walked over to take a seat on it. I don’t know if it was my fight with Lexi or just everything that has happened over the last few weeks but I couldn’t keep it in. I just burst out into tears right there and then. I sat there for a few minutes trying to stop myself from crying. I was brought back to reality when I heard the crunch on a stick from behind me.

It was only then I realised that it was pitch black and I was sitting in the middle of a park by myself. I calmly got up and began to walk until I felt someone following me. My initial thought was to run and I did. I ran straight across the road, unaware that their was a speeding car coming right my way. “Sparky!” I heard a voice called and a hand grab mine pulling me back onto the street just in time.

I gasped slightly to myself as I realised what would have happened if that person didn’t pull me back. I knew exactly who it was though, it was the one and only person who called me Sparky and the only person who was always there whenever I was in trouble. I turned around to face Jack. His expression neutral and his eyes wide. We were both breathing deeply after the events that just occurred.

I waited for him to say something but he didn’t. Just because he doesn’t want me getting run over doesn’t mean that he still doesn’t hate me. As we stared at each other, his face curved into a smile. “What is it with you always getting into trouble” He said with his signature smirk on his face. I smiled back. “What is it with you always saving me” I said back. He chuckled to himself running his hands through his hair.

We stood in silence for a moment again just locked in each others gaze. The silence was becoming borderline awkward so I said the only thing I could think of. “Jack I’m sorr-“ I began but he cut me off. "Don’t be, I said things you said things we’re both to blame" He said smiling. “But I treated you so badly, I led you on..I completely changed you..” I began again but was cut off by Jack pulling me close into his chest."You changed me for the better, do you remember how much of a dick I was before I met you?" He said and I laughed in agreement.

"Sparky do you know how many times I have thought about you today?" He asked and I shrugged. ”Once" He said putting up one finger in the air. I looked down a little disheartened."And it began as soon as I woke up and it’s still going on until this very moment" He said smiling at me which make me smile. “I’ll admit you’re not the easiest person to be around, you’re stubborn, you’re impatient, you’re opinionated but honestly that what I like about you, you challenge me. You always have, you made me work for you and I like that.” He said pulling me closer to his chest.

"But I made you chase me for so long.." I said laughing nervously. Jack looked down at me lifting my chin up so that our eyes were opposite each other. "Don’t worry you were worth it"He said smirking before leaning down to give me the kiss 'I’ve been waiting for.