Chapter one : Cotton candy girl

( Princeton's POV )

          I shoved past people roughly as I moved through the crowded hallway. Move faster, god stupid couples. I thought to myself as I tried to make my way through all the couples sucking face. I know I sounded bitter, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting through this year, an d the people stalling me from getting to class weren't helping. The past few months my mind has been dead set on one path; graduating with a high enough GPA to please my mom, then finally moving to Mexico to be with my aunt and uncle for the summer. I was counting down the days. I was finally able to get through the jungle of a hallway and to my third period Chemistry class. Ms.Wertz better not give me any shit today, I was not in the mood today. Then again I was never in the mood. I ran my fingers through my tangled curls and scanned the room to see who decided to ditch today. Like always, half the room was empty. I silently chuckled to myself as I shook my head, I used to be one of those kids too. But ever since my mom decided to get on my ass and try and screw over my Mexico plans, I had to get serious. I was never a stupid kid, actually quite the opposite, just school wasn't my favorite place to be. I sighed as I took my seat in the front, yeah, yeah, I know, "goody two shoes Princeton."

        I watched as late students came tumbling in, including a new girl I had never seen before. She seemed more concerned then anyone that she was late. She had tiny sweat droplets sliding down her forehead and her breathing was uneven, yet she still looked beautiful. She was more attractive then any other girl here, why haven't I seen her before? I saw her running her mouth to the teacher. Squeaking something out along the lines of "I got switched classes, this is Ms. Wertz's class right?" I chuckled at her panic, she was acting like a freshie. You could tell Ms. Wertz didn't care too much about the girls arrival and shooed her to sit at the empty desk next to me. She carefully laid her designer purse on the desk and took a long deep breath. Sheesh this girl looked stressed. She rummaged through her bag and pulled out a notebook and continued to look for a pen. I stood there slouched watching as her "relaxed" attitude quickly became frustrated. She huffed then turned to me sharply,

 "Hey um, do you have a pen? I can't find mine anywhere." Her voice was airy, yet sweet. Kinda like cotton candy.

            I shook that thought as I gave her a small nod, and handed her one of the three pens on my desk, she flashed me a small grin and gave her thanks, in response I gave my small nod again. Ms.Wertz clapped her hands to get our attention, then told us we were going to study the earths biomes, the girl who's name I didn't know, nor cared to know, were the only ones to open our text books. I sat up reluctantly to seem as if my attention was on the board. But all I could see was mystery girl staring at me through my peripheral vision. To be honest, it kinda bothered me that she was looking so hard, I know girls stare at me, not to sound cocky, but she just kept looking like I was some alien. I turned to her to ask her if I had someting on my face but as soon as my eyes flickered towards her, she jumped a little in her seat and averted her eyes. My eyebrows furrowed in cofusion. I mean I guess, I thought to myself. This cotton candy girl was sure as hell weird.

 (Chrislyn’s POV)

             I wanted to smash my head into a locker; I couldn't find this class anywhere! Hard to believe I've been here since freshman year and I still can't remember my way around this damn maze of a campus. I looked at my class transfer paper once again, seriously, chemistry? Why did it have to be that? I dreaded science, it wasn't that I was dumb or anything, straight A's was always my forte, but I'm more of a Literature type of girl. Writing and reading was my strong point, not learning about "Acids and Bases". It kind of hurt that they moved me out of my English 7-8 class, but they said I needed to focus on science considering I was way ahead of where I should be in English, great. I looked like a lost puppy in the hallway, not knowing my way around or to this dumb class.

          I felt like Dorothy from "The Wizard Of Oz". And I sure as hell wasn't going to ask one of the couples devouring each other’s faces, what an awkward moment that would be. Gee, they sure took up a lot of hallway space, wonder why they can't just wait till lunch? As I finished my thought I heard the annoyingly loud ringing of our bell, and that sent my heart over the edge. So now not only was I late and tarnished my perfect attendance with the tardies ever record, but I still couldn't find the dang classroom! What seemed like after an eternity I just followed in after a bunch of kids running to a classroom, maybe I could ask the teacher in there.. I sped walk into the classroom watching as all the kids took their place. I saw a white, grumpy looking lady with a bad ombre' job sitting in her swivel chair, she looked like a Wartz. I cleared my throat to get her attention. "Um, excuse me? Is this Ms. Wartz class?" The teacher rolled her eyes and shooed me in the direction of the desk; I mean I guess. I assumed I was in the right place, and boy did she seem over joyed to have me in her class.

             I began to feel the sweat droplets on my forehead and quickly wiped them embarrassed. I hurried over to my seat in the front and carefully placed my MK bag in front of me. I looked to my side at my neighbor, and boy was he a sight. His curls captivated me; they were so big. I suddenly felt self- conscience about my ringlets. I was finally able to stop staring when I realized there was already an assignment on the board, I flipped open the text book on my desk and went to rummage for a pen and paper, but of course with my luck today, I was only able to find 1 of 2. I stopped abruptly and made a frustrated sharp turn to the boy. "Hey um, do you have a pen? I can't find mine anywhere." my voice shook a bit; I was never good with being social in anyway, shape, or form. I watched as he gave a small nod and without a word handed me one of his many pens on his desk. He held it out for me and I took it gratefully. I threw him a small smile and thanked him, and once again, he just nodded.

            Guess he wasn't good with words either. I watched as the teacher clapped to get our attentions, though she only received mystery boys and my gazes. I turned sneakily to catch a glimpse of him; he was so cute. I couldn't help but stare, he had these eyes that were beautiful, though they were plain brown just like mine, something about them was different. As my eyes were taking in all of him, I watched as his jaw clenched and he turned towards me, looks like I was caught, whoops.. Smooth move. I jumped in my chair a little before turning my attention towards the board that already bored me, I could see him out of the corner of my eye waiting to see if I'd turn back, but when I never did, he shook his head and went to writing down the learning objective in his notes. I blew a sigh of relief; that was close.

Well, that's the first chapter so far; I hope you guys

liked it! Comment below if I should continue!

Feedback is much appreciated! c: xoxoxo