Chapter 1

Ryan's POV

I am laying on my bed, half asleep, when I feel my phone buzz on the pillow next to my head. I groggily lift my head, then drop my face on my pillow, letting out a low sigh. My phone buzzes again, waking me up again. "Jesus, someone's persistent this morning. It's gotta be like 7." I look out the window before grabbing my phone. My phone read:

Josh: Hey

Josh: I miss you, we need to see each other again. It's not healthy to not see your sibling for this long. Please, just text me when you wake up.

It's already 10! I jump out of bed (more like slowly lift my body from laying, into a sitting position) I unlock my phone to text Josh back. I know I haven't seen him for a long time, but it was his choice to go and leave. I've heard he's in a band now, I have to admit it they do sound good. I like Tyler's voice, and Josh has always loved playing the drums. I've just never been to any concerts.

Me: Hey Josh, yeah, I miss you too. When would be a good time to meet? And where?

I set my phone down and go to get some breakfast. I hop down the stairs, my stomach growling from lack of food. I set my hand over my stomach, I rummaged through the fridge, I find some milk. I'm not really hungry, my stomach just needs something small. I pour a small glass of milk and go back to my room, where my phone is.

I walk in and check my phone, and NOT to my surprise, I don't have any messages. I sip my milk and carry on with the rest of my morning.

Josh's POV

Before I can text Ryan back, Tyler calls my name. "Hey Josh. We need to get ready for our concert." He walks up behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders as I'm still staring at my phone, trying to think. "Josh... you OK? What are you thinking about?" Tyler stands in front of me. I take a deep breath and put my phone down. I give a small, reassuring laugh.

"I'm fine, let's get ready for this show." I high five him, and we walk off.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Time Skip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

During the show, as I was playing, all I could think about is Ryan. After the show, I run off of the stage and take my phone to quickly send the message to her. I love my sister deeply. I NEED to see her, everyday since I left, I've felt bad for leaving her there. A year after I left, our parents passed away. I went to the funeral, and I took Tyler with me. That's the last time I saw her. "Josh....JOSH....JOSH!" I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Tyler shouting my name. "Are you OK? You weren't listening when I called you."

I shake my head, I take my hat off and run my fingers through my hair. "Yeah, just got caught up in my thoughts." I lie as I send the text and put my phone down. "Hey, Tyler?"

"Yeah, Josh?"

I decide to ask about meeting up with my sister. "When would be a good time to meet with my sister? We've been wanting to see each other." Tyler pulls his beanie off of his head, along with starting to wash off the black body paint from his hands and neck.

"Um, well, any day really. I'd like to see her again too. Last time I saw her, she couldn't stop crying." Tyler rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "She could even come stay with us on tour if she wanted." Tyler's face started turning red as he shrugs his shoulders.

I started to get suspicious..."Tyler, why are you getting red?" I ask as I eye him suspiciously and go to take off the makeup on my eyes.

"Dude, we just got off of the stage, the bright lights in my face..." Tyler said, his voice quiet.

"Whatever you say dude..."

Ryan's POV

I get dressed and get into my car. I need some groceries. That's a lie, I just don't want to be alone with my thoughts... it's usually not this bad, but today my depression is really getting me. I think it's because Josh started texting me. My phone buzzes, but I know not to check it since I'm driving.

I pull into a parking lot, I quickly pick up my phone and see a message from Josh.

Josh: Hey, whenever you wanna meet up would be great... I mean I'm on tour w Tyler, but anytime would work.

I look at the message in disbelief, I thought he would have blown me off because of the tour they were on. I was planning on him blowing me off... now I HAVE to go through with seeing him. I rub the back of my neck nervously as I think of what to say. I take a deep breath in, and hold it for a few seconds, then let it out in a big sigh. I get out of the car, leaving my phone so I can walk about a little bit.

Josh reminds me of our parents, always trying like dad was, and caring like mom was. My eyes grow watery at the thought of our parents...

~Flashback~

I stand there, in front of my parents coffins, sobbing. I fall to my knees on the ground, I look up to see what looks like my brother. I thought he wouldn't come. I lower my head again, tears falling from my eyes, a waterfall of tears. I feel a hand on my back and hear whispers.

"Josh, what do I do? I don't know how to handle these things well..."

"Tyler, it's fine. Just... do what you think is right." I heard Josh say, his voice shaking.

I soon feel another hand on my back. I look up and wipe my eyes, being careful to not get mascara all around my eyes. My vision clears from the tears. I see Tyler giving me a sympathetic look, or as sympathetic as he could be. I stand up, brushing my legs with my hands and sniffling. My breathing heavy, I walk up to my parents' caskets. I smile and look back at Josh. He grabs Tyler and walks out, giving me alone time.

A/N
Hey, so I tried with this story, I'll be updating as much as I can. Also leave suggestions of what to do later in the story!