Chapter 4: Blaine

okay, and here is chapter 4...... there is cussing in the chapter so ye be warned. anyway........

Chapter 4: Blaine

I dashed through the hall, hand in hand with Kurt. What the hell did I just do? My heart was beating so loud in my ears, I barely heard Kurt's magical voice screaming," Blaine! Blaine slow down! Stop!" When I did finally hear him, I immediately obeyed. I came to a stop and realized I'd pulled him to the total opposite part of the school. I was completely out of breath. Kurt was okay, though, and that's all that mattered.

" Blaine, thank you." Kurt said, in between breaths. His beautiful voice was filled with gratitude.

" Sorry, I ran further than I thought I did." I apologised. But really, my only thought was getting Kurt to safety.

Mixed with the gratitude, there was also confusion in his eyes," That's okay. Why did you help me? When no one else would, why would someone I just met help me?" he asked, looking at the floor. I couldn't honestly answer that. I just felt so protective of him. I wasn't about to tell him that, though. I didn't need Stalker to be added to the list of names I'd ever been called. I also felt highly pissed off at that...Karofsky kid, and all those people who just stood there and watched.

" How long has he been bulling you,Kurt?" I asked, my voice serious. I looked into his eyes and felt as if I might drown in them. But it would be pleasant and peaceful, not harmful and scary. I was avoiding the question he asked, and would as long as I possibly could. He had no choice but to answer mine.

He dropped his gaze to the floor," Since he heard of me. Last year." he admitted. I felt a sudden and unexplainable surge of hatred and protectiveness flow through me.

" Why?" I asked. I swear if it was because of-

" I'm gay. And openly gay at that." he said, cutting of my thought with the thing I feared. " But please, Blaine, don't pull another stunt like that. I don't want you hurt because of it." His eyes were full of care and something I couldn't quite place, but I was enraged.

" Why do you let him? Why don't you tell someone?" I placed my hand on his cheek, and he winced. I rubbed my thumb lightly over his skin, and it became covered in makeup. I did this two more times, then I saw the bruise. Not swollen, but definitely there. It was black and blue and covering his whole cheek. My heart stopped and time froze. My hand slid down his arm and I gripped his wrist to stop from throwing something.

" Blaine!" he shouted, shaking me from my trance. " Look, I'm sorry! Please let go!" Kurt's voice was strained, and I was so happy all the students were in class. The only thing around us were lockers. I didn't realise just how hard I'd been gripping his wrist and I immediately dropped it. " Blaine. I'm sorry I didn't tell you! We just met and I don't like to talk about it." He sighed and rubbed his wrist.

" Kurt, why didn't you tell anyone? A parent or teacher?" I pieced together our conversation form lunch," This is why you were at the hospital, isn't it?" I sounded so much harsher than I meant to. A tear fell from Kurt's amazing eye.

" Because i don't think they can help! They only make thing worse! Especially if the bully is a student! it's harder on both me and them! They get more pissed when they get in trouble, they are sure to do more than bruise you!" he said as more tears came. I now felt horrible. I made Kurt cry. The one I cared about most, other than my sister, was in a bad situation. And here I go, making it worse! I pulled him into my arms, and he sobbed into my shoulder.

" Kurt, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for getting upset. I know we just met, but I feel like I've known you forever." I admitted as he continued to weep. Now I had to tell him. " I just feel very....... protective of you. I held him until he pulled away and sat o  the floor. I took my place next to him, where I forever needed to be. Someone needed to be there to ease this marvelous boy's pain, and I'll be damned if it ain't me. He leaned on my side.

" I did tell someone. Well, not really, but he knows." Kurt said in a small voice. I felt a small smile tug at my lips,

" Really? Who?" I asked him curiously.

" You. And I'm glad you know, but I don't want you to get hurt. No more stunts like today. If you get hurt because of me, I will never forgive myself." he said, looking into my eyes.

" You need help. I can't just stand by and watch you get hurt, I cant bare it. I'm not going to let him touch you. I briefly considered telling him about my dad. I get hurt everyday. But the thought of such an amazing boy being harmed, especially by a jerk like Karofsky, out-ruled it. He didn't need to worry about me. Maybe, one day, I'll tell him. I've only been put in the hospital once, right after my mom left.

" How many times?" I asked. His adorable eyes were confused. I remembered that he isn't in my head with me.

" What?" he asked, puzzled.

" How many times has he put you in the hospital?" I clarified.

" 3 maybe 4." he answered quietly.

" Counting this one?" I asked.

" No. Not counting this one." he said, looking at the floor.

" Well, it doesn't matter. It was the last." I said, and placed a light kiss on his head.