The Tattoo

I awoke with a start, it took me a minute to realize what was happening but it was just another one of my many endless nightmares. I've been having them for weeks on end now and I can't figure out what they mean. Slowly I dragged myself out of bed and into my walk-in closet. I pulled on my maroon skater skirt, my black and red crewneck sweater, queen snapback and black high tops. "REN GET DOWN HERE WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" My brother Rayne yelled from downstairs.

"Hang on a damn minuet Rayne, Jesus!" I yelled back down at him. Quickly I grabbed my phone, charger, backpack and keys then ran downstairs. Rayne was already walking out the door when I got there so I followed him out and locked it behind me.

"God what took you so long today, you're usually up and ready way before I am" Rayne asked as I unlocked the car.

"Sorry bro I was up all night getting stuff ready for this weekend" I told him.

Hesitantly I handed him the aux to my 69' chevel and hoped his music taste was okay today. See we have this bet anytime he wakes up before me and is ready he'll get the aux cord but it never happens cuz I'm always on time but not this morning.

"It's alright you better get up tomorrow because it's a big day for you" He replied.

"Oh don't worry I will be for sure" I said as I hit 65 racing to the school parking lot to get to class on time. Luckily I pulled up just as the bell rang I parked the car and locked it.

Tossing the keys to Rayne I yelled "Hey take her straight home if you wanna go somewhere take the mustang Brent Is picking me for a early birthday surprise" He caught them swiftly and took off to find his girlfriend Kelly before class.

*Heaven only knows where you've been but I don't really need to know I know where you're gonna go on my heart, where you're resting your head and you just look so beautiful* Lights Down Low started playing and I already knew that was Brent texting me wondering why I didn't call him this morning.
Brent: Where's my good morning call cutie?

Me: I'm sorry baby! I overslept and just got to school, how did you sleep my king?

Brent: I slept good but it would have been better with you here:( why did you wake up late darling?

Me: Awhh love! Don't worry so soon we can have a good nights sleep I promise, and because I was making sure everything was all set up for this weekend. Oh and Rayne has the keys so you can get me from school today :)

Brent: Alright babycakes I love you so much have a good day for me and I'll see you in a few hours!

Me: I love you so much too god I can't freaking wait to see you and I will just for you

*DING DING DING* The bell went off and I put my phone in my pocket and took my hat off so security wouldn't yell at me for it. As I was walking to first period I heard my name it was Alexis my best friend. I waited for her to catch up and as she got closer my eyes lit up with happiness. She carried two large coffees from our favorite place The Human Bean, I eagerly grabbed the bigger one that had my name on it. "What is this for, I'm nothing special" I asked her.

"Oh to hell Ren happy early birthday girly you are so special that Brent you were texting earlier?" She replied linking her arm up with mine.

"Maybe, okay yea it was he has a early b-day surprise for me tonight I have to call him at lunch and ask him where he's picking me up at" I laughed as she tripped up the stairs and almost dropped her coffee but me having quick reflexes I caught her and the coffee. We looked at each other and laughed at that whole mess we almost caused.

I got up the stairs and got the door for Alexis and grabbed my coffee out of her hands. I walked her to class an gave her a hug. "Meet me here after class Lex" I told her and she nodded and went inside. I got into history just as the late bell rang and sat in my seat. Class passed by slow as hell like usual as I waited for the bell, when it rang I got up and headed out the door to Lex. She was dancing around in place when I came into view.