6. Allura / Keith

Allura walked down the halls slowly. She walked into the room and shut the door. Slowly, she slid to the floor and sighed. She looked up before closing her eyes.

"Father, hello, I wanted to talk to you again. I don't know of you are actually listening but I guess I have to hope," she sighed. "Hope is all I really can do lately, huh?"

She sighed again, but this time longer. "Saving the universe is hard. The paladins are strong, but they are just. Just human. They have human problems. They get sick, they need to eat and such, they get sad, and they need at least eight hours of rest. Eight hours. We could be fighting Zarkon throughout those hours!"

Allura placed her head in her hands. "And I am tired, Father." She admitted. She doesn't rest as much as everyone else because she needs to stay alert. What if the galra attack while she is asleep?

She felt heavy. Like there was this huge weight on her shoulders when there shouldn't be. She just wanted to sleep. "And now, the paladins are not getting along. Hunk and Lance are the closest of friends, and not even they are on good terms at the moment. What if this affects the forming of Voltron.?" She asked warily.

Allura walked over to her bed and lie down. This is what she needed. So she pulled up the blankets to her chin and shut her eyes, praying sleep would come. And like someone heard her prayer, it hit her instantly.

When she woke up the next morning she felt refreshed. Tired, but refreshed none the less. A smile found it's way onto her face, but if course it was shortlasted. As soon as she opened the door, she heard the familiar bickering of the Red and Blue paladins.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and squeezed her eyes shut tightly, willing the already blossoming headache away. Once she entered the main room she could hear it more clearly. "What is your problem? I said stay off my case!" Lance shouted angrily.

"Woah woah woah! What is going on here!?" She yelled. The room silenced but the air was still thick. "Keithy here is trying to butt into others' business!" Lance told her. "What do you mean!? I am just asking you a question!" Keith argued. "Lance is just being overdramatic again? Is that right?" She asked.

Keith folded his arms and smiled smugly at the other. "Hey, Allura, just because Keith here is little Mr. Perfect doesn't mean he isn't ever in the wrong!" Lance fought back. Suddenly Pidge looked up from her computer screen "I don't usually get into these, but Lance is right, Allura. You're being unfair. Keith started it not Lance. Lance very asked Keith to drop it and he didn't. Not everything is Lance's fault." She told her, readjusting her glasses.

Lance smiled warmly at her "thank you, Pidge." He thanked her quietly. She smiled back at him before returning her attention to the computer screen. The castle shook and Lance toppled over. The red alarms started blaring and Allura shot into action along with the Paladins. "The castle is under attack! Go go go!"

The Paladins quickly changed into their armor and ran to their respective lions. They flew out together and started shooting at the Galra. "There are too many! I will charge an ion cannon! In the meantime: form Voltron." Allura commanded over the coms. "Copy." "Roger." "Okay." "Let's go!"

All five lions flew into place and soon, Voltron appeared. Though of course, it had to go wrong. Coughing echoed through the coms. No one said anything because they though it would blow over, but after a minute, it didn't. Loud hacking and soft wheezes continued. "Lance, are you okay?" Hunk asked suddenly. Lance?

Voltron was shot apart. And all the lions were flung into different plantets. "Paladins!" Allura yelled as she shot the Galran fleet. The ship first went to the Yellow Lion since it was closer. It didn't take much damage. Both the Lion and Paladin were okay. "Lance?" Hunk asked her. She looked around and spotted a spec of blue far far away.

The problem was, it was smoking. She pointed hesitantly over and Hunk's eyes followed. "..Lance." he whispered shakily before hopping back into the Lion and flying towards him. Next was the Red Lion. She was scaped and Keith has several bruises, but otherwise they were fine.

When she turned to get Black, they were already up and getting the Green duo. She and Red flew over anyways and they, not Allura of course, were about to enter the ships hanger when they heard a soft whimper through their helmets. "Someone.. someone please come help. Please help Lance." Hunk pleaded.

Allura's eyes widened and looked to where the Blue and Yellow lion were. "Keith you are the fas-" "I'm already on it." He stated as he shot forwards. I should've gotten the ion cannon ready faster. Allura scolded herself. "Uh, guys? You might want to get over here." Keith said nervously.

When the ship arrived, they saw the full damage. Blue has scrapes and scorch marks all over her body and was unresponsive. Keith walked out of her mouth, carrying Lance bridal style in his arms. Lance's face was bloodied and bruised. Most of the blood was coming from his nose.

A collective gasp filled the area. Keith was grimacing while walking towards them all. Lance's shin was split open and bleeding, the blood dripping down to the ground. "We must get him to a pod!" Allura stressed as she ran into the ship. Keith ran after her, and Red followed on her own.

Hunk was tasked with putting him in the healing suit since it was his best friend, and it would be weird for anyone else to do so. Once Hunk walked out with Lance over his shoulder, Lance decided to wake up.

"Hunk? Hunk, put me down." He mumbled. "No," Hunk told him. "You are going into a healing pod." Lance struggled until he fell onto the floor. "Really, Lance? Stop being so immature!" Keith snarky reply made everyone's mood drop even more.

"Keith calm down. We don't need everything Lance says making you angry. He didn't do anything!" Shiro scolded him. Keith crossed his arms rebelliously. "Keith, I think it's time for you to turn in." "What?! Shiro-" "Keith. Turn in." Shiro told him angrily.

Keith looked around the room before bolting out of the door. Tears burned his eyes as he ran into his room and quickly shut the door, locking it. Did you see their faces? The look of anger? Disgust? The face that screamed, "i don't want you there."?

He jumped onto the bed and burried his face into his pillow. A sob left his throat and his face became wet, from his tears and the pillow. Why am I like this?

I really do try to make friends. Be satisfied with that. But that empty feeling, that rage. It always comes back. I always push people away without realizing it.

Why do I make everyone hate me? Why can't I just- why can't I just be happy?

Hello. It's me. Your shit author.
I pooped out this chapter that took two hours because literally everything distracts me. But here you go.