[ 2 : squishy snakes ]

[ 2 : SQUISHY SNAKES ]

june 3rd.

"everyone hyped this stuff up so much," i say, playing with the cheeseburger in front of me. "i have to say, i'm a little disappointed." i pull out the patty of the cheeseburger. "i mean, what the hell is this?"

todd looks at me as if i had stolen his first born child. "don't ever speak of in and out in that way again." i laugh.

"so gabriella, do you do youtube videos?" scott says, slowly taking bites out of his hamburger.

i shake my head. "no. i just graduated from highschool. ive always been way too busy for all this social media stuff. and my life is nowhere near as interesting as david's."

"you should." todd mumbles, but catching himself, he fixes his statement. "i mean like.. y-you're a dobrik and all... creativity.." he trails off, looking down at his fries.

i laugh. "i guess.. i don't know. i never really thought about it." i sipped my lemonade. "i have so much else to worry about. university, my future, jobs. i don't have much time to think about next saturday's video, yanno?"

scott nodded while todd shoved the rest of his burger in his mouth. i sucked in a breath. "todd how are you eating this?"

todd speaks with his mouth full of burger. "gabriella, how are you not?" he takes a sip of his drink.

"haven't you ever seen that picture of an in and out milkshake with a cockroach in it? i'm genuinely scarred." i poke at my burger. "what if i bite into this and a thousand tiny ants crawl out?"

todd visibly shudders. "geez. why did you come then?"

hmmm. why did i come? maybe because i thought todd asking me to come was cute? maybe because i needed to make friends? maybe because i don't what to move in with dom? or maybe because i kinda sorta find todd attractive?

"i don't wanna move in with dom." i say. scott chokes on his soda. "i find him creepy after that whole underage situation..."

todd laughs. "we all do."

scott nods. "since it happened, david's cut him off a lot. dom is trying to change though, it was really evident the day we got back from playlist. he sat us down and apologized to us all for tarnishing our reputations and letting people think that we're friends with a pervert. he promised to never disappoint us like that again."

"do you believe him?" i say, my eyes wide with wonder.

"i do. he's a desperate man. there's a lot he can get away with, but whatever he can't, he's willing to remove."

"desperate man is right," todd says, leaning back and throwing his arm onto the back of scott's chair. "but like the rest of us, he's not the same person in real life that he is on the vlogs."

i eat a french fry. damn, those are good. "oh really?" i question, putting my cheeseburger back together. "what are you really like?" i pick up the cheese burger and take a bite. i hate that i like it.

todd shrugs. "i'm not a manwhore,"

"i beg to diff-" scott interrupts.

"shut up scott." scott rolls his eyes and eats a french fry. "i don't toy with women, and i don't sleep with everything that moves."

now i'm rolling my eyes. "sure..." i can't imagine someone as attractive as todd not toying with women. "what about you scott?"

scott leans back and smiles at me. "what you see is what you get, unfortunately."

i want to laugh but i don't. it sounded painful, but he can't truly be sad, can he? he has a beautiful girlfriend, an amazing and large group of friends, and a surprisingly loyal best friend. (though, perhaps not to women.) plus, scott is attractive! i guess it's something deeper, but if someone with a life like him can be sad, how should i feel?

i lean back after i finish my burger. we talk about chicago, kristen, and even liza. somehow our conversation gets to david.

"is he really evil to you guys?" i ask them. they burst out laughing.

"evil?" they both repeat, still laughing. i'm confused.

"no, he's more like youtube satan. a pranking youtuber, but even worse." scott says, and i laugh.

"he's nowhere near as bad to you as he was to me," i say, reminiscing.

"what do you mean?" todd asked.

"well he used to collect these weird squishy snakes when he was like ten. i had a horrible fear of snakes, because duh, i was seven years old. david knew this, so he would leave them in my room. sometimes in the floor, sometimes my bed, once even in my closet.

at first, i screamed and freaked out. he loved it. overtime though, they stopped scaring me. i would find them and throw them out my bedroom at david's laughing face. suddenly, he stopped putting them in my room and i thought it was done. he'd finally realized i knew they were fake and he would leave me alone.

then, one showed up in my room again. this time, instead of being in the normal 's' shape, it was coiled up. i yelled for david, and went to grab the snake. i grabbed it and suddenly, it uncoiled and bit me. it was a real! snake! and it bit me! i screamed for david and he came running up the stairs. tears were literally pouring from my eyes as david removed the snake from my room. i had to go to the emergency room."

both todd and scott were looking at me in complete shock. "holy shit..." todd breathed. i nodded. i moved my arm over the table, pulling down my long sleeve to show him the scar.

four dots a bit tanner than my skin were painted just above my wrist. todd grabbed it, rubbing his fingers over the scar.

"i'm sorry," he muttered. his thumb dragged back and forth across my scar. "david's an asshole."

the table vibrates and it reminds me to pull my arm away, which i do so immediately. scott grabs his phone. "sorry, it's kristen. i have to take this." scott slides out of his seat and stands, walking away from the table to the door.

once scott is out of view i begin to wrap up all my trash and put it on the tray. todd does the same.

"this was nice." he comments while wadding up the paper his burger was in.

"yeah, it was." i hope we'll do it again soon, i want to add, but i don't. i probably never will.

"so you don't hate in and out now, do you?" todd says, the smirk finding itself across his face again, just like when he opened the door.

"no, i don't. but it's no thanks to you." i whisper into his ear. he grins and offers to take the tray to the trash which i kindly accept.

scott comes back into the restaurant, his face light with his phone in his hand. "we have to go back now, kristen said her and liza are over, and they're waiting to meet you." he points to me. i can't help but smile.

"what are we doing then? let's go meet my new wives!"

no insta post for this chapter, couldn't find a pic of andrea or todd in in and out or holding a burger so i gave up (i even googled it, and there was a vid of andrea shutting down an in and out but that's not exactly what i wanted HAHA)

+ sorry my chapters are so short. with time they'll get longer, don't worry :)

anyways vote & comment if you enjoyed!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER THREE HUNDRED READS IDK WHO YALL ARE BC YOU DONT COMMENT BUT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU this really motivates me to write thank you so so so much i love you