-Chapter 8- Family Bonds-

Apollo

This is probably one of the best moments of my life.

I sit beside my parents on the couch as I watch my mate play with my little brother Kyon, building a large tower out of Legos together. My other brother Jace sits and watches, smiling at Kyon's antics instead of playing on his phone for once. He also watches Aella closely, curiosity and intrigue clearly seen in his gaze. I don't blame him, she is very intriguing.

The smile on her face makes me feel overwhelmingly happy, there aren't many things that could top this.

"She looks so much happier than before baby, what happened?" My mom asks, barely able to contain herself.

"After I came back from that meeting, we talked for a while...and ended up sleeping in the same bed."

She suppresses a squeal, hugging my shoulders and shaking me a little.

"And?"

"And, when we woke up this morning we talked some more. What we liked, and other things about ourselves. We actually have some things in common."

"Like?"

"I have a feeling she'd love your beef stroganoff recipe."

Smiling wide, she jumps up and starts running towards the kitchen.

"Then we will have it for dinner!"

I laugh at my mother's energy and enthusiasm. She loves cooking for family, and the fact that Aella likes that dish too only makes her want to cook more.

It was difficult for mom to keep her distance from my mate all this time, and now that she's letting us in, mom is going to take every opportunity she can to get closer to her. This morning for instance, she was practically glued to her side, and on the few occasions she wasn't, she watched Aella and I interact from a distance. We've spent almost the entire day together as a family, watching movies and talking...even if mom stared at us the whole time, I have enjoyed it.

"I have a feeling your mother is going wear herself out from trying to bond with your mate." Dad murmurs as he grins at me, and I can't suppress the chuckle.

"She doesn't even know about the cookies yet."

"Goddess help us."

We both laugh, getting the attention of the trio on the floor. Aellas' blue eyes gaze up at me, their depths giving me chills. I'll never get used to the feeling...and I hope I never do.

"What's so funny?" Kyon asks, sitting next to her with an action figure in his hands. She looks so comfortable sitting with him like that...but there is something I've been thinking about doing with her since the moment she came into my life.

"Kyon, Jace, why don't we go help mom in the kitchen, she's going to bake some cookies too." Dad says, catching the look between us.

They both get up and follow Dad to the kitchen, and I crouch down to the floor to meet Aellas' eyes. I curl my hands around hers carefully, and she tilts her head in curiosity.

"My mom is going to be busy in the kitchen for a while, so I was wondering if you wanted to explore the territory with me a little before it gets dark?"