2

Lance was not happy. He hated Keith and now they had to spend more time than they usually do together (which by the way was no time at all). Him and Keith had to work after school somewhere. Their first assignment was to figure out a topic to work on. That's going to be difficult considering the fact that KEITH DOESN'T AGREE WITH ANYTHING!

"Meet me at the small cafe near the park at 6. They have WiFi." Keith said to Lance after the bell rang. Before Lance could come up with an excuse to not go, Keith had already left the classroom.

Lance groaned. He knew this wasn't going to be fun.

~TIME SKIP~

Lance arrived at the cafe 30 minutes late. He hoped that Keith had given up on waiting for him. But to his dismay, there was the asshole with the black mullet sitting inside th cafe. When Lance entered, he could already feel the death glare that was directed at him. He walked over to Keith, ignoring the glare.

"You're late" Keith spat. Lance rolled his eyes. He sat down at the table across from him and glared. "I had to drop off my little brother at his basketball practice." Lance said back. "Well you could've told me when I said to meet up here." Keith said. Lance looked at him. "Really. When was a supposed to tell you that. Before you finished talking? Or after you walked out of the classroom a second after you finished." Lance spat. Keith was about to probably yell something at him when he was interrupted by a timid waitress.

"H-Hi can I get you two something?" She said. Lance smirked. Her nametag said her name was Abigail. "Sure you can, Sweet cheeks~" Lance was now flirting with her. She clearly was a uncomfortable. Keith cringed. He kicked Lance's shin to make him shut up. "OW!"  He whimpered. Keith looked back at Abigail.

"I'm sorry about him. He is incapable of shutting his mouth. If you don't mind, is like my usual Abigail" Keith said. He gave her a reassuring smile. Lance looked at both of them. "Alright. And...you?" She said to Lance. "I'll have a Strawberry Milkshake" Lance said. "Okay. I'll be right back with your orders. Bye Keith" She said while waving at him as she walked away. Keith pulled out his history textbook.

Lance smirked. "Soooo...Abigail?" Keith looked at him. "Hm? What about her?" "You like her don't you" Lance leaned forward to lower his voice so no one else heard him. "What?! No! She's my neighbour! We're friends!" Keith almost yelled. "I would never go out with her, that'd be awkward!" He continued. Lance sighed at how oblivious he was. Clearly Abigail liked Keith. Keith just couldn't see what was right in front of him.

Abigail came back with the orders. She gave Lance his Strawberry Milkshake. She then gave Keith his drink. It was cinnamon tea with whipped cream on top. "Thanks Abby." She smiled. "No problem" She left quickly. Lance watched her leave. "You sure she's not into you? It looks like she really likes you." Keith glared. "Yeah...as a friend. She wouldn't be able to like me like that. No one does. Anyways, changing the subject, what should we pick for our theme." Keith said, looking through his history textbook. Lance groaned. "Ugh. Work." Keith rolled his eyes.

The two finally agreed on a theme, after a very, very long discussion. They decided to do the moon landing. Originally Keith wanted to do the great depression and Lance wanted to do WW2. They're only doing the moon landing because Abigail suggested it. Apparently other people in the cafe were complaining because the two boys were fighting really loudly.

Thanks for getting this far. I'll update soon. Also Abigail is just a character added for later development in Keith and Lance's relationship.