05 ; shut up flower boy band

Shut Up Flower Boy Band (2012)

Kim Myungsoo as Lee Hyun Soo

Guitarist of Eye Candy, known in their neighborhoods as the Ice Prince. He used to be best friends with Ji Hyuk until Byung-hee came along, so now Hyun-soo feels like his best friend got stolen from him. Everybody's close within the band, but he can't help but feel sad about losing that formerly tight relationship.

Hyun-soo has strong guitar skills, but onstage he's over-shadowed by Byung-hee and Ji Hyuk. He vows himself to become number 1 someday, so he picks up his guitar and practices long into the night on his own.

Lee Hyun-soo tends to have a short temper and comes off as a mean guy. He spends majority of his time practicing his guitar skills while caring for his little sister.

Interview  (2012)

Do you feel pressurized acting amongst other flower boys? Are there any interesting episodes on set among the handsome cast of the drama?

I did not feel any pressure acting amongst other flower boys. Min-Seok [Co-star] knows how to make people happy, so just listening to him makes me happy.

Being your first try on electric guitar, what are some of the challenges that you faced while filming the drama?

It was a little bit hard for me when I have to carry the guitar with me at all times. It was heavy and restricts my actions at times. But I look cool with it. Besides that, playing the electric guitar is not my forte but I'm slowly picking it up.

Other than playing the guitar, is there other instruments that you are interested in trying your hands on?

I am interested in many different musical instruments, but for now, I'm most interested in playing electric guitar.

As the cast of the Shut Up! Flower Boy Band are mainly guys, are there any actresses that you wish to work with in the future?

I can't pinpoint anyone right now but there are plenty of talented actresses in the industry. It will be great if I can work with them and learn from them.

Hyun Soo was asked by Ye Rim to record a duet together in the drama. Which female singer would you want to collaborate with in the future and why?

I want to sing a duet with Ji-sun who is the vocalist of band 'Love-holic.' She's lovely and has an amazing voice. I'd love to sing with her.

In the drama, Hyun Soo only shows his smiles to his sister. Out of the drama, who does L shows his smiles to? Is there an Infinite member that you are closer with and will feel happy to be around with?

I'm always happy with all of the members of Infinite. But I'm particularly close to Sung-Yeol.

How similar or different are you from your ice prince character in the drama?

For one, we are both musicians and we're of the same age group so I can relate to Hyun Soo pretty well. However, Hyun Soo is from a rock band while I am from a Pop/R&B band. These two genres have very different personal and attitude.

Hyun Soo holds an ambition of surpassing Ji Hyuk and Byung Hee in terms of singing. Who in Infinite do you see as someone you wishes to surpass and why?

I don't wish to surpass anyone but myself. My role model is Nell (Korean artist). Nell is amazing and I adore them. I aspire to become as magnificent as they are. It's excellent I can have people to look up to for direction and a goal.

Did the Infinite members watch the drama? How did they react to your acting? Who is the most supportive towards L for his venture into acting?

 Yes, they did and they always cheer me up. They are very supportive and yeah, they watch my show when they have the time to. Sung-Yeol helped me a lot drawing on his experience of Korean daily drama.

Infinite rose to fame in 2011 with 'Before the Dawn'. How did it feel to act as a band member whose band is struggling to debut, a stark contrast to the high popularity that Infinite is enjoying now?

It helped me realized that I should not take Infinite's popularity for granted. We had tough times in the beginning, but we tried our best at all times so that we could get good results. I feel a sense of accomplishment and I want to keep working harder to be the best performer I can ever be.

 ---

Note:

On the multimedia: Short clip from Shut Up Flower Boy Band. Infinite L singing Kim Min Seok's How Come.(Ang gwapo ng boses!)

Character po ni Lee Hyun Soo ang dinedescribe ko. Para lang clear. Okay? Panoorin niyo yung kdrama na Shut Up Flower Boy Band. Maganda yun. Gwapo ni Myungsoo dun. Lagi naman. Hihi. Kung gusto niyo, basahin niyo yung story ko, tagalog version. Kaso soon pa yun. Haha. (endorsement lang? XD)

 Dedicated sayo. Dahil fan ka din ni Myungsoo. Thanks sa support sa LTKAM! :)